Another SN95 mustang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
    If you wanna kniw the deets get in the game.
    Honestly I am sorry I asked. I thought this was going to be a creative venture.
    Originally posted by racrguy
    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
    Originally posted by racrguy
    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
      Honestly I am sorry I asked. I thought this was going to be a creative venture.
      It is creative but no one around here is any help. Wanna help buy the IRS and I will trade you 2 8.8s for it and a T5. Then it’ll work since it was a trade. Otherwise your about as helpful as tits on a bull. So if people want to help, then get with it. If you just wanna say shit from the peanut gallery, enjoy.

Comment

This is for a Lemons race, no?

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
          This is for a Lemons race, no?
          No its for the GRM 2k challenge, but oddly enough Lemon’s cars are automatically eligible. There are Lemon’s cars that are way over budget though, they just don’t look it. Having something that’ll run hard for 24 hrs isn’t cheap.

Comment

Spent today dismantling the parts car. Two more days maybe 3 and it should be done and off to scrap. The big score today was an aluminum ford racing branded driveshaft. I had forgotten about it or didn't know. I also got two full aftermarket exhausts (one was in the trunk) and a set of stock tailpipes. The wheels are 17x9 saleen knock offs, so those will work too. I also pulled all of the wiring under the car from the engine and drained all the fluids and got the trans and radiator out. Tomorrow I will finish pulling the engine then work on the interior. Last day will be pull the axles and tubular K member. Then I need to sell $497 of these parts to have everything else not count agains the budget from this car.

Comment

Got the engine ECU and EEC harness out of the car today, fenders and hood removed too. Car even had a nice uncracked header panel. Got both seats out and will finish up the interior tomorrow then get the axles including a tubular k and built 3.73 31 spline rear.

Comment

Got the engine ECU and EEC harness out of the car today, fenders and hood removed too. Car even had a nice uncracked header panel. Got both seats out and will finish up the interior tomorrow then get the axles including a tubular k and built 3.73 31 spline rear.
                Or did you?

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                  Or did you?
                  I forgot, but I got this bill for an engine cradle from some place named Summit Racing. I think I might have gone there today. This potentially ficticious car might’ve had a Steeda tri-ax shifter too. If anyone needs 94/5 GT parts you might want to contact me, or maybe not. I’ve got to move 1k in parts fir budget reasons to hit max recoup by the rules.

Comment

Might have taken out all of the interior today. It might even be in the back of my truck right now and maybe I will take it to storage in the morning. Pulling the axles and K Monday scraping the hulk next Saturday.

Comment

Finished parting out the parts car today. It’s a shell with doors and I may still snag the doors. Work starts on the interior of the challenge GT tomorrow. After that suspension and rear end transplant happen. Met a guy from Temple today doing a v6 to v8 swap that needs lots of parts. Now I just need to find someone with subframe connectors and torque box battle boxes to swap, and maybe a panhard bar.

Comment

Just weld up the seams on the torque boxes, or like we did, cut your own plate to box it when your done welding the seams. You dont NEED to buy anything.
                        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                          Just weld up the seams on the torque boxes, or like we did, cut your own plate to box it when your done welding the seams. You dont NEED to buy anything.
                          Great advice and shoukd easily fall in the budget. I found a buyer for a big lot of parts and I’m trying to have him acquire MM subframe connectors to offset some cash and help on my end too.

Comment

Great advice and shoukd easily fall in the budget. I found a buyer for a big lot of parts and I’m trying to have him acquire MM subframe connectors to offset some cash and help on my end too.
                            I kinda hate to break this to you, but no name ebay subframe connectors work also, and they dont scream "WAYOVERBUDGET"
                            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                              I kinda hate to break this to you, but no name ebay subframe connectors work also, and they dont scream "WAYOVERBUDGET"
                              I agree but rules are rules and I only have $500 to squeeze in the cam, timing set, valve springs, gaskets and a gallon of auto paint. That doesn’t really leave room for subs unless I get them on trade. I’m working on a deal now with a guy that wants my spare engine and trans with wiring and ECU. If he can get the subs, I will give him a nice discount.

Comment

MM subframes have a thicker wall compared to the ebay brands. That might or might not have an impact on the price and quality of the subframes.

Comment

Working...
                                X