Fiber Optic Sights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fiber Optic Sights?

Who runs them on their EDC gun? Never really tried them before, I've always run Trijicon or TFO sights on my guns and been pretty happy with them.

So I picked up a used Gen 3 Glock 17 from a buddy of mine and they had the stock sights on them. I've never really cared for them and wanted to try something different, fiber optic. In my last class there were a few people including the instructor running fiber optic sights. I liked the fact that they were super bright and fast to acquire out on the range. But the downside is that I've heard of problems with the fiber optics coming out sometime and in the same class I saw a guy lose his.

Decided to give it a try and got a fiber front and blacked out back installed for pretty cheap. So far I was really digging it... until I took it to an indoor range... and outside... at night. Not so bright and easy to acquire like they were outside during the day. Probably keep these on for a while and see how I like them but might eventually swap them out for some TFO's. like I have on my Kimber, that are both tritium and fiber.

So anybody else running fiber optic sights on their EDC gun? What do you guys think?

I think FO sights are way way overrated. They suck balls in low light and aren't good in bright light either. I have them but fucking hate 'em. Thanks for the reminder to order something different for this oistols.

Comment

For a range gun they are perfect... for carry/defense I use TFO sights as they are great for day or night.
      Originally posted by stevo
      Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
        For a range gun they are perfect... for carry/defense I use TFO sights as they are great for day or night.
        This is what I have on my EDC and in my nightstand. It's what I recommend when people ask me.

Comment

After going to 10-8's I will never go back. No illumination in rear, just the front. Makes you focus on sight picture instead of aligning the dots!

Whos your Daddy?

Comment

The 1911 I carry daily has a fo front, fine in the daylight and useless at night. If you melt the ends correctly you shouldn't have an issue with losing the fiber.

Comment

I really like the Hackathorn sights. Your eyes really pick up the bright orange front in the daylight and you have green night sights in one sight. I have them on a Glock and M&P.
              https://www.amazon.com/Hackathorn-Ul...+Set+for+Glock

Comment

Ya no idea about the guy who lost his during the middle of class. Maybe he glued them on? Who knows. I know when I had my FO sight put on, the gunsmith (Glocksmith) showed me how to replace the FO and melt the ends.

I have the Truglo TFX Pro's on my 1911 and I really like them. Best of both worlds with FO and tritium.

If I ever have to replace these, this is probably what I would go with.

Comment

My XDS has FO on the front and I've never had an issue with them. I will agree they are essentially useless at night or with low light.

Comment

I have the Tru-Glo TFO also. It offers the right amount of nighttime brightness which I like.

Comment

I had tritium + FO sights on my G23. Worked great day or night.

Comment

Working...
                      X