No announcement yet.

Netflix Original: Bill Nye Saves The Earth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With his withdrawal decision, the U.S. joins Syria and Nicaragua as the only countries outside the agreement to combat climate change. Other countries, led by the European Union, China and India, pledged to forge ahead in the effort without the U.S. But the loss of the world’s second-largest emitter of greenhouse gases will have a traumatic effect on the fight against global warming.
    THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

• Originally posted by naynay View Post
      Let's be honest here, none of that is on Trump's radar.
      You're deflecting.
      You made a statement that backing out of the Paris Accord would fuck up our relationships with China and the EU. Why do you say that? What's your basis? What will change, and why?

And to your post (and the point that you completely missed) if you think that a man who made his fortune in the business world is not looking at the Paris Accord from a financial / P&L viewpoint then you're delusional.

Comment

With his withdrawal decision, the U.S. joins Syria and Nicaragua as the only countries outside the agreement to combat climate change. Other countries, led by the European Union, China and India, pledged to forge ahead in the effort without the U.S. But the loss of the world’s second-largest emitter of greenhouse gases will have a traumatic effect on the fight against global warming.

I'll address the point in a min, but your post was a literal cut/paste from Huffington Post.

.... eality TV-style cliffhanger over what he would do, as some of his White House advisers urged him to keep the U.S. in the deal.

With his withdrawal decision, the U.S. joins Syria and Nicaragua as the only countries outside the agreement to combat climate change. Other countries, led by the European Union, China and India, pledged to forge ahead in the effort without the U.S. But the loss of the world’s second-largest emitter of greenhouse gases will have a traumatic effect on the fight against global warming.

The move is a particularly egregious repudiation of the international community because the Trump administration could have negotiated for lower emissions targets under the Paris Agreement, officials and the pac....

You can do better. What are YOUR thoughts? How does Rodney think the US' relationships with China and the EU will change today?

Comment

• China becomes the leader of solar energy, and germany becomes the leader in electric vehicles. but we are gonna bring back jobs for the coal workers!
          THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
            That's a literal cut/past from Huffington Post

You can do better. What are YOUR thoughts? How does Rodney think the US' relationships with China and the EU will change today?
            i'm sitting in a meeting. i cant go into detail right now. and yes i literally cut and pasted that from huffpo.
            THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

lol. Plagiarism. Perfect.

Comment

• Originally posted by CWO View Post
                lol. Plagiarism. Perfect.
                you are turning into another ss junk and the king. i mean at least AnthonyS will add some content. c'mon tim, chime in!
                THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

you are turning into another ss junk and the king. i mean at least AnthonyS will add some content. c'mon tim, chime in!
                  Nobody is asking me anything. It's you that should be chiming.... and don't you dare put me in a group with those two.

Comment

i'm sitting in a meeting. i cant go into detail right now. and yes i literally cut and pasted that from huffpo.
                    This corner of this site is that important to you that you feel compelled to cut/paste a reply while purportedly sitting in a meeting? Get a life, dude.

Comment

• @elonmusk 2m2 minutes ago
                      Am departing presidential councils. Climate change is real. Leaving Paris is not good for America or the world.

@mcuban 12m12 minutes ago
                      1) If Dems are smart, they should call for immediate meetings w POTUS to determine how to get back in the Paris Agreement

2) Call his bluff. Put him on the spot. Make him respond and commit to terms He opened the door. Fix rather than bitch

3)Propose a deal that protects our environment, economy and jobs and gives us flexibility Make him respond point by point. Be transparent
                      2004 Z06 Commemorative Ed.

Comment

China becomes the leader of solar energy, and germany becomes the leader in electric vehicles. but we are gonna bring back jobs for the coal workers!
                        But how does China becoming a solar leader hurt our relationship?
                        How does Germany becoming a leader in EV hurt our relationship? Sure those things might happen... and it would be cool if they did. But you made a very clear statement:

Originally posted by naynay
                        Yep, and going to fuck up our relationships with Europe and China.
                        So, what changes tomorrow?

Also, I get the feeling you didn't read this whole thread as it progressed the first time, but we all already know that coal is dying and won't come back. Trump can say what he wants, but politics can't revive it - the economics of coal have sealed its fate - so that's a non sequitur.

Comment

• LOL at how butt hurt ABC talking heads were in saying "obama said the exact opposite of trump back in 2008..." Boy needed to set the precedent sometime to start making Al Gore-like money.

Comment

• Originally posted by mschmoyer View Post
                            @elonmusk 2m2 minutes ago
                            Am departing presidential councils. Climate change is real. Leaving Paris is not good for America or the world.

@mcuban 12m12 minutes ago
                            1) If Dems are smart, they should call for immediate meetings w POTUS to determine how to get back in the Paris Agreement

2) Call his bluff. Put him on the spot. Make him respond and commit to terms He opened the door. Fix rather than bitch

3)Propose a deal that protects our environment, economy and jobs and gives us flexibility Make him respond point by point. Be transparent
                            1. impossible
                            2. I don't think Cuban plays poker, or he doesn't know what a bluff is
                            3. maybe, except for the transparent part

Comment

• "we have to put america before paris" - trump

uhh, hey dude, its just called the Paris accord, fucking nimwit
                              THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                                But how does China becoming a solar leader hurt our relationship?
                                How does Germany becoming a leader in EV hurt our relationship? Sure those things might happen... and it would be cool if they did. But you made a very clear statement:
                                Your deflecting the entire thread to try to prove him wrong. We just quit our seat at a table with 200 other countries. We're now among 2 others that don't have a seat. Your the anti-social kid sitting in the corner while everyone else works on a project together. Not to mention that a large majority of the world believes in protecting the planet & climate issues, and we just issued a big fat "we don't care".

Tell me this then, how did this move HELP our relationships? Because it did one or the other...

Finally, your problem might be with the word "relationship". "Influence" might be better. We'll simply start falling behind in research, education, discoveries, space, etc. Step 1: say you don't care. Step 2: everyone starts acting it out.
                                2004 Z06 Commemorative Ed.

Comment

Working...
                                X