Border wall estimate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Border wall estimate

The CEO of one of the companies selected to build a prototype of President Donald Trump's border wall told Newsmax TV on Friday that he considered it more of a "border protection system."

"I know the wall has a lot of political controversy, but I hope both sides would look at it and say, 'Look, this is a protection system,'" Tommy Fisher, president and CEO of Fisher Sand and Gravel Co. in North Dakota, told "Newsmax Now" host Bill Tucker in an interview.

Important: Newsmax TV is available on DirecTV Ch. 349, U-Verse 1220, DISH 216 and FiOS 615. If your cable operator does not have Newsmax TV just call and ask them to put us on — Call toll-free 1-844-500-6397 and we will connect you right away to your cable operator!

For more places to Find Newsmax TV — Click Here Now

"I've heard both sides of the aisle say: 'We want border protection. We just don't like the term of 'the wall.'"

Fisher said that what makes his company's model different is that "it includes not only the wall but two high-speed roads on each side of the wall.

"In a border protection system, you could build a wall — but if you can't have good access to the wall, someone can still climb over the wall, someone can go under.

"But when you put high-speed roads there, and you've got agents coming on covering five times the amount of ground, it probably makes it worth five times the amount of agents without even hiring anybody new."

Overall, Fisher said that his company's proposal for the actual wall is about $6 billion under the estimated Trump administration cost of about $18 billion.

"We sent a proposal exactly for 700 miles of wall, guaranteed to be built in six years, with a two-year warranty after that for $10.77 billion.

"That would conclude the wall all the way through the mountains — no exceptions — through the whole state of California, Arizona and New Mexico.

"We then offer, basically, a 12-year additional warranty on workmanship for another billion, to take it to $12.21 billion.

"Right now, they've accounted $18 billion," he told Tucker.

"We sort of beat the budget by $6 billion with our patented process."

TLDR: A complete border wall, with 20 year warranty for 12.21 billion
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post

TLDR: A complete border wall, with 20 year warranty for 12.21 billion
    Yes, we'll take it!
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Comment

Oh, forgot. Not just A wall, 3 walls with 2 asphalt security roads in between them.

Comment

Oh, forgot. Not just A wall, 3 walls with 2 asphalt security roads in between them.
          Yet they can't rebuild 820 to be more than 3 lanes without adding toll roads?

Comment

I'd someone to install sensitive seismic sensors to detect any tunneling. Also guard towers and for agents to be able to stand on the wall. With nice shade and some lounge tables and chairs. Some of the ones in the pics looked a little too narrow to be stood on. And some helicopters every so often that can take off at a moment's notice.

This wall could be stylish.
            WH

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
              The road projects are full of graft at every level.

Even if the wall cost 50 billion it would be worth every cent.
              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                I'd someone to install sensitive seismic sensors to detect any tunneling. Also guard towers and for agents to be able to stand on the wall. With nice shade and some lounge tables and chairs. Some of the ones in the pics looked a little too narrow to be stood on. And some helicopters every so often that can take off at a moment's notice.

This wall could be stylish.
                This one is several feet thick (I think in the interview I heard on Wilkow said like 10 feet thick) and they weren't going into how deep into the ground it went and that didn't count the tech coming in addition to the wall itself

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                  Fuck toll roads and the crooked politicians that approved them.
                  sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                  17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                  13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                  86 SVO - Sold
                  '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                  01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                  65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost
                    Important: Newsmax TV is available on DirecTV Ch. 349, U-Verse 1220, DISH 216 and FiOS 615. If your cable operator does not have Newsmax TV just call and ask them to put us on — Call toll-free 1-844-500-6397 and we will connect you right away to your cable operator!
                    FUCK YEA! Just got myself a solid deal!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
                      If they're going to lower taxes because the money is no longer needed becuz toll roads, then "Yay! Toll roads!" But more likely, they won't let go of tax money so fuck toll roads.

I remember hearing years ago about how toll roads were ok, because once the initial cost of building the road had been covered by all those paying to use it, the price of using the toll road went way down. Since now you're only paying for maintenance, and not the new construction. Somehow I doubt that ever actually happened.
                      WH

Comment

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
                        Tex DOT froze the approval of all new toll roads. Too many citizen complaints and I suspect not enough income. The new toll lanes on 35 are almost as empty as the trains running alongside them.

Comment

This one is several feet thick (I think in the interview I heard on Wilkow said like 10 feet thick) and they weren't going into how deep into the ground it went and that didn't count the tech coming in addition to the wall itself
                          Yeah, I'm not overly concerned with details - but I think everyone realizes that -just a wall- is not going to be sufficient. It needs to be more in-depth. I know the snowflakes hate the use of land mines, automated weapons...etc, but these are the things that are going to be deterrents.

If folks cross the border where they are supposed to, then no one gets hurt.
                          Originally posted by MR EDD
                          U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Seems like a bargain compared to current spend levels.

At the federal, state, and local levels, taxpayers shell out approximately $134.9 billion to cover the costs incurred by the presence of more than 12.5 million illegal aliens and about 4.2 million citizen children of illegal aliens. That amounts to a tax burden of approximately $8,075 per illegal alien family member and a total of almost $116 Billion.

If Trump wanted to be a prick, he could spread the cost of the wall over the illegals here and give them the option to pay their portion, or GTFO and have everything they own seized. I'm sure the left would have a massive hemorrhage if he did, but it would get things moving.

Comment

I will never understand the mentality of people that are perfectly fine with illegal immigrants crossing into this country, completely undocumented, and living here without assimilating. It makes my blood boil at a rate that might be unhealthy.
                              Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                              I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                              Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                              Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                              dont downshift!!
                              Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Working...
                              X