DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > Pirate 4x4 ARRRRRR

Old 08-25-2020, 10:39 AM   #1
jluv
Lifer

Default Sliders on the Super Duty

Had some sliders custom made. 1/4" thick steel in 3"x2" for the main bar and the support arms to the frame (5 on each side), with lost of gussets for strength. Round bar on the outside and a plate on top with dimple-die holes. I'm going to lay grip tape on the top surface, and if I don't love that, I'll have it coated with Line-X or something similar.

jluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 09:49 PM   #2
fordracing19
Lifer

About time. Looks great

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 08-25-2020, 10:01 PM   #3
kingjason
Notorious PIG

Looks good. I am going to play around with a stirrup helper on mine tomorrow. Like dangling over the slider 6 inches attached to seat bolt. Open door, flop out stirrup, climb in, flop stirrup in. I busted my damn foot with my fantastic way of getting in this thing. I can't use my other leg because my knee don't like it so I must adjust my entry some. Worked fine on the M715 with 46 inch tires.
Old 08-26-2020, 08:55 AM   #4
jluv
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingjason View Post
Looks good. I am going to play around with a stirrup helper on mine tomorrow. Like dangling over the slider 6 inches attached to seat bolt. Open door, flop out stirrup, climb in, flop stirrup in. I busted my damn foot with my fantastic way of getting in this thing. I can't use my other leg because my knee don't like it so I must adjust my entry some. Worked fine on the M715 with 46 inch tires.
The guy that made my sliders said some guys add loops with chain, for stirrups, welded to the sliders in a spot where they won't interfere on rocks. Sounds like some shitbox stuff, and I've got hopefully many years of trail abuse on my truck before it ever gets to that status. Even then, I'd rather do a rope stirrup or even a rope ladder that's tied to the inside, like you're talking about. I'm lucky to be so tall that I should be able to get up on these sliders, but a knee injury would certainly screw that up.
Old 08-27-2020, 04:57 PM   #5
talisman
On Walkabout

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluv View Post
I'm lucky to be so tall that I should be able to get up on these sliders, but a knee injury would certainly screw that up.
Don't try carrying drunk women to their cars again and you'll be golden. Really dig the direction you've taken this thing in the last couple of years man.
talisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 05:48 PM   #6
kingjason
Notorious PIG

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluv View Post
The guy that made my sliders said some guys add loops with chain, for stirrups, welded to the sliders in a spot where they won't interfere on rocks. Sounds like some shitbox stuff, and I've got hopefully many years of trail abuse on my truck before it ever gets to that status. Even then, I'd rather do a rope stirrup or even a rope ladder that's tied to the inside, like you're talking about. I'm lucky to be so tall that I should be able to get up on these sliders, but a knee injury would certainly screw that up.
I had my system perfected. Left foot up, left pulled handle, step right up and in. One day just missed it and my left foot is sprained at just behind the ball,my left hand also. I didn't even notice for a day or so and thought WTH, so I ordered the stirrup. I just try not to make it to long so you get the ole swing going.
Old 08-28-2020, 09:39 PM   #7
jluv
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by talisman View Post
Don't try carrying drunk women to their cars again and you'll be golden. Really dig the direction you've taken this thing in the last couple of years man.
Ooooof. That was a poor decision, for sure. Good times, though!

Thanks on the compliment. Wish you’d come run some trails with me!