TRT. Who's on it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
    If i’m just as much of a prick in my 50’s as i was in my 20’s does that mean my numbers are ok?
    For Estrogen, yes!
    sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
    17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
    13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
    86 SVO - Sold
    '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
    01 TJ - new toy - Sold
    65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

If i’m just as much of a prick in my 50’s as i was in my 20’s does that mean my numbers are ok?
      Got tested yesterday and at 570. Explains a lot.

Comment

• I'll say as an update for myself, I did ask my new Dr up here in Vancouver and he said the numbers they showed for me aren't out of line or even low. As it were, I've gotten heavily into riding my MTB and not coincidentally, I far less frequently feel the ways I was when I wasn't exercising regularly. YMMV

Comment

• Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
          I'll say as an update for myself, I did ask my new Dr up here in Vancouver and he said the numbers they showed for me aren't out of line or even low. As it were, I've gotten heavily into riding my MTB and not coincidentally, I far less frequently feel the ways I was when I wasn't exercising regularly. YMMV
          One thing people don’t understand or gloss over is that regular exercise and eating better foods will increase testosterone production in addition to the more commonly referenced “boosting the metabolism”. That one is my fave...Of course it’s going to spike your metabolism. You got your blob of a fucking ass off of the goddamned couch and made it do things it may have never done before.

Had a buddy and someone here reference a very similar situation who took up road biking. He was a pretty solid dude, did a lot of weight lifting and was relatively lean. He got into the 40-60 mile a week range and said he lost 20-25% of his upper body lifts, legs maintained. Long and short your body will adjust over time to compensate. In his case it decided, “fuck your bench rest PR, we need calves, quads, and hamstrings!”
          Originally posted by PGreenCobra
          I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
          Originally posted by Trip McNeely
          Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
          dont downshift!!
          Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

• That's almost discouraging to think that riding would interfere with muscle gains elsewhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
              That's almost discouraging to think that riding would interfere with muscle gains elsewhere.
              Just riding won't do that. Dropping the constant heavy lifting back a little and riding a lot will do that. It is a pick your battles type of thing, no one wants to bike 2 to 3 hours a day and then hit the gym for an hour or so. I am neither the biggest guy around, nor do I bike 100s of miles a week but I do better than most at my age. It doesn't take very much missing the gym to drop a lot of strength, or not riding to lose your 19-20 mph average..

I have found, 20 to 50 miles on the bike a week, and then hit the gym twice a week or every other week doing the full range of body parts I neither gain or lose any upper body strength. We have a small amount of equipment at work now and are trying to get more, which will help a lot. I have dropped some with 24 Hour Fitness not being open at night.
              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

• I'm riding a minimum of 120mi a week, often more, but I do plan to begin incorporating weights and other stuff, now that my back is back to "it's normal", but I enjoy riding so much, I doubt I'll drop it much.

Comment

Got tested yesterday and at 570. Explains a lot.
                  Sub 300 is clinically low, 570 isn't all that bad actually, many docs wouldn't put you on TRT where you sit.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

• I'm alright w/ it.

Comment

Working...
                    X