Frys Electronics closed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
    The BEST thing about MC is their extended warranty. It's ( i might be misremembering ) 10% of the item cost, but you can return it for ANY reason within 2 years. So, for gamers, you could have bought a 2080Ti right before the 30XX series released, and then return it and get a new generation card. So you basically rented a high end card for a year or so for $150.
    And now they can't be found unless you pay $3k. Cause you know, people gotta mine.
    WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
      And now they can't be found unless you pay $3k. Cause you know, people gotta mine.
      its not just mining thats causing the issue, its Covid. Ever since the pandemic any indoors hobby has exploded in demand. PC and console gaming have had unprecedented demand spikes.

Comment

They're still behind on Vram too. It's looking like the next gen games are gonna need 16Gb of vram. Some have said they'd really prefer it be closer to 20. We get 8Gb, and 10Gb.

Dumbass nvida claimed 4Gb on my GTX 970, if you remember that whole debacle. Really only 3Gb.
        WH

Comment

I finally got a PS5 last week from Target after watching daily for months... I still cannot find a RTX 3070 in stock anywhere.
          Originally posted by stevo
          Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Last time I hit the Garland location it was called the Incredible Universe and I was running from the cops and needed a place to park and chill out. Didn't buy anything while I was in there.
            Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Was just a kid but I remember incredible universe being pretty cool. Aren't they the one that had some kind of PT cruiser inside the building that was all car audio'd out?

Or was that Marvin's Electronics... can't remember too long ago. Anyway the building was pretty nice on the inside.
              WH

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
                I finally got a PS5 last week from Target after watching daily for months... I still cannot find a RTX 3070 in stock anywhere.
                Pussy ass, get a 3090 or don't

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
                  Good luck finding any of them.

Nvida is selling more 20 and even 10 series cards because they can. Shit is crazy right now.
                  1997 Miata - Weekend\Autox Car
                  1994 Mustang Cobra - Garage Shelf
                  2012 Mazda 3 - Daily

Comment

my 3090 is fucking awesome.
                    sigpic

Comment

Man all I play is Destiny 2, It will run max settings on a 3070... IDGAF about anything else on it.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by Labora View Post
                        Good luck finding any of them.

Nvida is selling more 20 and even 10 series cards because they can. Shit is crazy right now.
                        They're out there but you're going to pay scalper prices for one.

They are absurd even at regular retail prices.

All joking aside I'm in the market for at least a 3080. Ill pay over retail but not sure how much.

Comment

They're out there but you're going to pay scalper prices for one.

They are absurd even at regular retail prices.

All joking aside I'm in the market for at least a 3080. Ill pay over retail but not sure how much.
                          The way I looked at the PS5 was this, I'll pay $625 for a sealed unit with receipt (disc version) as that is a $75 profit for doing NOTHING after taxes. No one would bite so I waited and found one in stock at Target. I did check almost every morning between 6:45-7am weekdays as that's when they sell them, but I finally got one last week. As for a RTX, other than like Newegg or some other online dealers not sure where to look nor do I care that much. I'll pay MSRP when all this demand shit stops and supply is plentiful.

Stevo

Comment

I bought a TV at Fry's 14 years ago on a Fry's credit card. The asian lady that took my info put me in as Brad Manoldia. I have to sign aka Brad Manoldia on certain documents in addition to my real name on numerous official documents.

Comment

Oh, and I am super white. Like 100% English and Irish according to my 23 and me.

Comment

Brad Mongolia
                                WH

Comment

Working...
                                X