F150 Lightning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
    ... Towing is an issue and will be for awhile with electric cars. But for the other 99% of people who never or maybe once a year tow something this setup will be fine. 2-300 miles of range is plenty for most people.
    This. Who gives a fuck about towing. Use it for what it's made for. I mean... it's a lightning..
    WH

Comment

Looking forward to other names that Ford can co-opt!

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
        It just illustrates what I have been saying on here, until the battery situation gets better this isn't really a solution.

This thing will be great for driving around town for deliveries and for commercial fleets. But for over the road, forget it. They said it can tow 10,000 pounds. I bet it goes less than 100 miles doing that. Then it will take 45 minutes to charge up again. The charging time alone makes it a complete non starter for anyone who pulls anything a reasonable distance.

The price is surprisingly low and they said that the batteries take less cobalt. Those are both positive things.
        China (and some US startups) are moving towards a quick change battery swap out vs charging stations.

It sounds like a neat idea, but a logistical nightmare with so many manufacturers, and no standardized batteries. I expect standardization will become a thing before too long.
        Originally posted by BradM
        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
        Originally posted by Leah
        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
          no kidding

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
            no kidding
            Really? Lightning, electricity, electric truck

Kinda goes together rather well. This ain't like that gay mom mobile they soiled the mustang name with. Who's the girlbrains that came up with that idea
            Last edited by Gasser64; 05-21-2021, 10:24 PM.
            WH

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
              This isn’t nearly as bad the Mach-E. The new Lightning will blow the doors off the old one.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
                I'd like to see a diesel/elec hybrid like a locomotive.
                Assuming the manufacturers go through the effort to make an efficient genset like Toyota did with the Prius hybrids are a superb idea but straight Eevee is a bad idea.

Everyone's talking about solid state batteries that will take a full charge in a few seconds, what people fail to realize is that if it can be charged that quickly it can also discharged all of its energy in the same amount of time. Batteries like that will be rolling high-speed ticking time bombs.
                Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                  Everyone's talking about solid state batteries that will take a full charge in a few seconds, what people fail to realize is that if it can be charged that quickly it can also discharged all of its energy in the same amount of time. Batteries like that will be rolling high-speed ticking time bombs.
                  Yep, it will be like throwing a fully charged capacitor into a shower. It will make one hell of a show.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                    It just illustrates what I have been saying on here, until the battery situation gets better this isn't really a solution.

This thing will be great for driving around town for deliveries and for commercial fleets. But for over the road, forget it. They said it can tow 10,000 pounds. I bet it goes less than 100 miles doing that. Then it will take 45 minutes to charge up again. The charging time alone makes it a complete non starter for anyone who pulls anything a reasonable distance.

The price is surprisingly low and they said that the batteries take less cobalt. Those are both positive things.
                    45 minutes to 80%, then it slows to a trickle charge to keep the batteries from overheating.
                    "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                      I haven't looked at anything other than Zero and KTM motorcycles really, but how much electricity does it take and cost to charge sayyyy a Tesla VS the cost of gas in a similar sized ICE car? People act like electricity is free. I have seriously considered the KTM E-Freeride just for the lack of maintenance. Zero has some cool street bikes also.
                      My charger is in my pool house, which last month was the only thing used out there. It cost me $38 to charge my Model 3 all month.

Comment

MKBHD did a review. For those that don't know, this guy is pretty much the best tech reviewer on YouTube. He also reviews cars on occasion.

But 8 minutes into the video he gave some interesting information. The 300 mile range that Ford is quoting is with 1000lbs of cargo in the bed. The Sync4 display was quoting them 367miles of range at 80% charge with no cargo onboard. He extrapolates that out to 459 miles of range. I think it's cool that Ford is getting a rating for a truck that is actually being used as a truck.

Comment

that's cool but no thank you

Comment

Passing this along for anyone interested, but you might want to move quickly

FORD PRO EV TOUR

We are excited to invite you to an exclusive, in-depth exploration and ride experience with the newest Ford electrified commercial vehicles, the All-New 2022MY F-150 Lightning Pro and 2022MY E-Transit! Register today to participate when the Ford Pro EV Tour makes a stop in your city to learn all about how to make the transition to Ford Battery Electric Vehicles.

Each session is 2.5 hours, and for the Dallas stop there are only 7 openings left at 1:20 pm Oct 20 : https://forddrivetour.com/EV/Locatio...8-7F6A91FB777E

Comment

I'm finally going to check one out on Monday the 20th.

Comment

Cool I signed on the 20th as well! Looking forward to checking out the Lightning.
                                Ford
                                GM
                                Toyota
                                VAG

Comment

Working...
                                X