F150 Lightning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mustang_revival View Post
    The weak spot is definitely the tires now, It has plenty of power in the bigger battery version.

I have one on reservation too, but I'm wanting a Pro model close to 40k as possible. I was hoping the extended battery version would be a small upgrade, but in a youtuber said he heard the extended battery would only be available in the XLT model, then an expensive upgrade on top of that, so maybe around 59k total..

If this is the case, I'll have to decide if im still in with a Pro (XL) model at the 40k price point and hope aftermarket bigger battery pack comes out at some point..
    Given the volume the Lightning will sell it, there will likely be a reasonable aftermarket battery solution at some point.
    Ford
    GM
    Toyota
    VAG

Comment

database error
      WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
        Any good reason for the price difference? Rivian is more luxurious or something?
        MUCH more luxurious IMO.
        So the Lightning, in Lariat trim, is $67474 without the extended range battery. The Base Rivian is $500 less and has 314miles of range standard. To get that kind of range on the Lariat, you have to spend another $7000.

I did a lot of pricing research and decided last month to put a deposit down on a Rivian. It's refundable and I still have my Lightning reservation but the reviews on the Rivian have it pegged as a much better off roader. The Rivian also has 800 friggin' horsepower and 950ftlbs of torque.. The top Lightning has 563HP and 775ftlbs torque

Also, the Lightning Lariat with the extended range battery is going to be $74500. Assuming the new EV tax credit passes, the Lariat will not qualify due to there being a price cutoff of $74000 for trucks. I suspect Ford may alter their pricing (these numbers aren't official yet). But, if I get a Lightning, it'd have to be an XLT. IMO the Lariat isn't giving enough content to justify it's nearly $10K price bump over the XLT.

Comment

Working...
        X