Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any issues selling to Carvana, CarGurus, etc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update on the shit show.

Ended up just trading the car until Tesla. When we ordered the car back in February, their offer was low, so that's why I was looking around elsewhere. When we got closer to the delivery date, the updated offer was right on with Carvana which was the highest.

1st delivery date: didn't make the shipment, or needed some sort of inspection.

2nd delivery date:. They forgot to get to plates, didn't notice till the date before (Saturday), tax office closed until tuy for memorial day.

3rd delivery date: took 2hrs to get written confirmation of partial cash back from trade in. Show up, no signs where to go, they basically said wander around the lot to find your car. Too old to be playing Pokemon in the heat. Asked what to do with the trade in? "Oh, just leave it." What about the keys? "Oh, I guess I can take them.". What about the title? "You didn't mail that back yet?". Just make sure and drop it at ups tomorrow.". That company must be so compartmentalized, seemed that nobody ever knows what's going on. I guess customer service goes out the window when you're the manufacturer and the dale is already done.

Wife loves the car, so that's a plus.
    Justin

Comment

My S.I.L. just sold his '21 Tesla Y, too many issues, random light bulbs going out, frunk and trunk hatch rattling door seals leaking water and sunroof. He actually got more in trade in on new RAM pickup than he paid for it.

Good luck with your EV...
      Originally posted by Silverback
      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
        My S.I.L. just sold his '21 Tesla Y, too many issues, random light bulbs going out, frunk and trunk hatch rattling door seals leaking water and sunroof. He actually got more in trade in on new RAM pickup than he paid for it.

Good luck with your EV...
        Yeah, trade in is crazy for these cars, plus the price has gone up 5k since we ordered so a little security if we don't end up liking it. We both have a 60 mile round trip commute.
        Justin

Comment

Originally posted by the spindoctor View Post
          Yeah, trade in is crazy for these cars, plus the price has gone up 5k since we ordered so a little security if we don't end up liking it. We both have a 60 mile round trip commute.
          Oh man that EV will suit ya'll well.

I really like their Model X SUV with the gullwing rear doors, but my wifes commute is 14 mile each way and she only works 3 days a week now and I'm retired, so fossil fuel vehicles for us atm...

BTW Pics?
          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
            atm...

BTW Pics?

Of the wife?
            Originally posted by stevo
            Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
              Of the wife?
              You know the rules.

Comment

hahaha...

Comment

Took delivery 6/2. Tesla still has not paid the partial cash back owed from the trade in. I may have to go get a sign and protest outside their facility.

Amazing cars, but seemingly worthless disorganization outside of that.
                  Justin

Comment

Originally posted by the spindoctor View Post
                    Took delivery 6/2. Tesla still has not paid the partial cash back owed from the trade in. I may have to go get a sign and protest outside their facility.

Amazing cars, but seemingly worthless disorganization outside of that.
                    Most all Stealerships suck out loud. We sold my cousins '19 Toyo Taco to Honda of Lewisville on Friday and they gave him a decent amount, probably could have got more, but who has time to sit there for hours negotiating. He's not hurting, so the $1k or 2k more he could have gotten was not worth his time. That and he had anniversary shit to do that evening, so he was in a rush. He actually got the difference check, just had to wait two hours.
                    He still made $3600. and no more payment or insurance.

Hopefully you get your money but, you are going to have to pester them bitches to no end.

On a similar note, FedEx fucked up my Denon home SS unit, the box looked like they threw it off of a cliff when the warranty people received it. I put $800.00 insurance on it and it took two full months to receive a check but, let me tell you it took me calling once or twice a week to get this shit straightened out and it sucked outloud but, to me the almost $800. legal tender was worth the frustration.

Comment

Working...
                    X