32v Northstar V8 vomiting coolant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baron View Post
    You have got to be kidding me. Note lots will spend more than blue book if they want it, because they will be able to get a ton for it with financing. We get beat out constantly on good cars that go for stupid money, especially with all the note lots out of killeen.
    Note lots do not buy high dollar cars, they can't afford or move them. A lot of floor plan companies won't even finance them for a note lot. 90% of my units are bought by franchise dealers. If I'm selling an older high mileage car I will send it to AAA to let the note lots take a shot at it. But if you run high line vehicles at AAA you get considerably less competition and money.

* I should also mention that I do directly sell to some of my units to independent lots because I can get a lot more money for them depending on the vehicle. Mid/high mileage tahoes/escalades for instance.
    Last edited by CJ; 10-23-2012, 10:03 AM.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Performed a cylinder leak down test on it last night, results were depressing. It appears both heads are leaking, cylinders 3 & 5, 4 & 6. Lots of oil in 3 and 6, like puddles around the plug hole. The car is in really good shape, hell it even drives nice, drove it today. No other issues other than the head gasket and it is in need of some buffing on the paint job. What a waste, thanks GM!

Comment

Originally posted by Baba Ganoush View Post
        Performed a cylinder leak down test on it last night, results were depressing. It appears both heads are leaking, cylinders 3 & 5, 4 & 6. Lots of oil in 3 and 6, like puddles around the plug hole. The car is in really good shape, hell it even drives nice, drove it today. No other issues other than the head gasket and it is in need of some buffing on the paint job. What a waste, thanks GM!
        bummer. Are you going to take a shot at it, or send it on it's way?
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
          bummer. Are you going to take a shot at it, or send it on it's way?
          Probably send it on its way, just not worth the effort to me, or him. My garage already has one project dragging and taking up space.

Comment

Likely a head gasket. I have done that job before and it fucking sucks out loud. Took me somewhere in the neighborhood of 24 hours and $800 to do it. Of course, I got a stellar deal on the car to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by Baba Ganoush View Post

The oil around the spark plugs is just the valve cover o-ring leaking. It's no big deal to fix. These o-rings are going to be in your valve cover gasket set anyway.

I spent less than $300 all said and done doing a HG job on my 97 DeVille in my garage. This was replacing all of the gaskets, new head bolts, new water pump, the time-serts, and selling the time-sert kit after using it. I used all AC Delco parts but did not get them all from the Caddy dealer. Got most of them from online dealers.

As nice as these cars are it is worth doing as long as you are up to doing it yourself. If you are paying a dealer to do this it just isn't worth it at all.

Comment

Working...
              X