Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Project: '66 coupe restoration (pic heavy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not going to lie, I dug the orange/yellow pinstripes on brown.

Comment

Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
      Looks tits!! People underestimate the work and $$ it takes to make an old car nice all over. I like the emberglow.
      No kidding. I was thinking it was going to be a walk in the park. We stopped keeping track of our expenditures once we hit $15k, and that was awhile ago lol.

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
      Oh yeah, that datsun 280z brown with the cheap pinstripes was just......wait you're lying!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
        Oh yeah, that datsun 280z brown with the cheap pinstripes was just......wait you're lying!
        Haha, unfortunately I'm not, but I'll be the first to admit that I've got a penchant for ugly. Car looks great though, looks like a lottttttt of work.

Comment

No kidding. I was thinking it was going to be a walk in the park. We stopped keeping track of our expenditures once we hit $15k, and that was awhile ago lol.
          I stopped counting when the number was approaching $30k.....
          Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

No kidding. I was thinking it was going to be a walk in the park. We stopped keeping track of our expenditures once we hit $15k, and that was awhile ago lol.....
            Your write-up thus far made it sound like a walk in the park. I was thinking "meh, take this apart, a little paint here and there, replace this, order that, install, badda bing, badda bang!" I've always wondered how one manages to not let the little nuts and bolts get kicked all over the garage.

Awesome color and the interior is sweet!

Comment

Haha, unfortunately I'm not, but I'll be the first to admit that I've got a penchant for ugly. Car looks great though, looks like a lottttttt of work.
              I agree... fortunately for me, ugly cars are cheap

Comment

Thanks, It was. I'm so relieved to be close to the finish.

Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
                I stopped counting when the number was approaching $30k.....
                Yeah we haven't tallyed it up, and probably wont. We're definately in that ballpark. We are having it appraised this week for insurance and that was the estimate we gave them.

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                Your write-up thus far made it sound like a walk in the park. I was thinking "meh, take this apart, a little paint here and there, replace this, order that, install, badda bing, badda bang!" I've always wondered how one manages to not let the little nuts and bolts get kicked all over the garage.

Awesome color and the interior is sweet!
                Thank You sir.

Yeah sorry, I could write a book on the frustrations involved in such a project, especially since this was my first. The next one will be soooo much easier. I built it top to bottom and I know exactly what I did with each part/issue/combination, so I could answer almost any question now.

It's funny you mention nuts and bolts. Half of the time I have in this car is cataloging, cleaning, fitting, or replacing simple hardware. I had what I thought was a good system, but until you are very familiar with the types of hardware and the specific nuts and bolts, it's a real nightmare finding the right fit. Hell, even when I bought a new part, which almost never comes with hardware, even the hardware from the old part didn't fit! Oh, and I have a pile of leftover parts, but you're supposed to, right? HA!

Comment

Very cool!

Comment

A quick audio clip..........

Its set up with some FPA headers and a custom h-pipe with flowmasters and temporary turndowns until I get it the tips on it.

Comment

That looks and sounds beautiful, nice fucking job. Thanks for the pictures...
                      Originally posted by Silverback
                      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                        That looks and sounds beautiful, nice fucking job. Thanks for the pictures...
                        Thanks and no problem, I'll definitely get some better ones up before the end of the year.

Comment

good job man , bitch looks good.
                          07 GT500
                          05 SRT10
                          88 turbocoupe T-bird
                          93 Cobra
                          86 coupe
                          Ducati 848

Comment

Super cool build man. Turned out great.

Comment

Very nice build!!! I love the attention to detail.
                              http://www.69ecatsstrip.com

Comment

That's really nice man! That is the best color combination for early Mustangs.

It is really staggering how expensive an old car restoration can be, even a simple one like a Mustang. At least you can get all the parts you need for a Mustang!
                                When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Working...
                                X