No announcement yet.

Looks as if the rats are jumping ship.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks as if the rats are jumping ship.

Wonder how hes taking being the one thrown under the bus now.

Jeffrey Immelt, chief executive officer of General Electric and chairman of Barack Obama’s jobs council, will vote for Mitt Romney in the general election. He’s reportedly sick and tired of the disaster that has been the Obama Administration.

Immelt is said to have given up on trying to convince the Obama Administration to stop its class warfare and anti-business policies. He apparently thought Obama’s economic policies would soften once in the White House. He was very wrong. Now he’s looking for change.

I hope this becomes a trend.

Comment

I'm not sure why he's switching sides considering the huge corporation he runs paid no taxes last year. Maybe they put an end to that loophole or something and he's pissed about that.
      How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by The Geofster View Post
        I'm not sure why he's switching sides considering the huge corporation he runs paid no taxes last year. Maybe they put an end to that loophole or something and he's pissed about that.
        False.
        Originally posted by BradM
        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
        Originally posted by Leah
        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

It's not a loophole. It's the same way that you can multiply your tax deductions, only used to the fullest extent because they have a lot more invested in finding out how not to pay taxes.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
            False.
            Solid response!
            Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
            It's not a loophole. It's the same way that you can multiply your tax deductions, only used to the fullest extent because they have a lot more invested in finding out how not to pay taxes.
            I did learn a few things when researching this -- stuff that was never reported on before in the outlets that I read/watch/listen. But here's what I got out of the article, in relation to your post. Call them deductions, shelters, whatever you want. The fact is, they are loopholes that GE has actively been pushing/lobbying for.

It's been 25 years since the last big tax reform legislation, which cut the corporate rate to 34% from 46% and eliminated a lot of deductions and tax breaks. But a quarter-century of pushing by businesses -- of which GE has been among the most aggressive -- has left us with both the lower tax rate (now 35%) and lots more deductions and shelters and other tax-reducing tactics than the 1986 legislation envisioned. GE's current idea of "reform" as expounded by John Samuels, the head of its tax department, is to cut the rate, but to allow some of GE's major tax-minimizing maneuvers to remain in place. It's hard to imagine anything like that happening now.

Source: http://features.blogs.fortune.cnn.co...-ges-tax-bill/
            How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Prob more like hes grabbed as much of the ""green"" energy money they can and knows bummers chances of getting one more term as slim. Damage control. He has been a long time standing rep.

Never the less you know thats a slap in face to bummer, thought he could buy a friend with a post.
              Just funny watching him get thrown under the bus for a change, Im sure as it gets closer we will see a lot more of this going on. There all wanting off the fail train.

Comment

Originally posted by sig239 View Post
                Wonder how hes taking being the one thrown under the bus now.

Jeffrey Immelt, chief executive officer of General Electric and chairman of Barack Obama’s jobs council, will vote for Mitt Romney in the general election. He’s reportedly sick and tired of the disaster that has been the Obama Administration.

Immelt is said to have given up on trying to convince the Obama Administration to stop its class warfare and anti-business policies. He apparently thought Obama’s economic policies would soften once in the White House. He was very wrong. Now he’s looking for change.

Too bad his share holders (or whoever the hell his boss is) aren't looking to boot him out to the curb. I know I'd be calling for his job once he started sucking the kenyan's dick.

Comment

Working...
                X