427 FE question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 427 FE question?

I have a opportunity to pick up two 427 motors out of a cabin cruiser, one spins clockwise the other counter clockwise. I didn't get to take a real good of a look at them, the person is pulling them to put in diesels. They sound real healthy for being made in the 60s have low hours older guy who took care of them. He has no idea what they are. From what I could see they are side oilier, and the cross bolt mains. I get a chubby every time I hear them run.
    Any idea on what they are worth. dont know if boat motors where any different than what came in the cars.

Couldn't tell you what they're worth but marine engines and automotive engines are very different. The most notable differences include the exhaust systems, the cooling systems, the electrical systems, and the fuel systems. Additionally, items such as heads and cams are usually different.
    Originally posted by Jester
    Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
    He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
    Originally posted by Denny
    What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
    FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

The camshaft, distributor, alternator, and starter are generally the main difference between auto and marine. The basic long block is pretty comparable. As stated above, the cooling system and exhaust system don't transition over to auto use, but the base engine itself would. You would just have to recam the counter rotation engine for street use.

Comment

Depending on the lake it was run in or if it has a closed cooling system could pose a potential problem.
        "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Working...
        X