Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by talisman View Post
    Until it needs new tires.
    My thoughts too. Veyron, and this is from memory so could be wrong, tires are supposedly $20,000 a set and need to be changed at the cars 6000 mile service interval which costs over $30,000. I have also read that when the car approaches that mileage it warns you and if ignore the warning it only allows for a short distance after that service interval before it shuts itself down MAKING you take it in for that service.

Then again anyone that can drop 2 mil on a car shouldn't have an issue with that service tab.

From the 40 second mark.

Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Watching the video, I guess its all just PR.

I cant believe they One-77. That's a way harder car to get than a Veyron.
      Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

that's cool and all that they got fast police cars. However if you can't keep gas in the tank you ain't going fast for long I'll take the Hyundai that just keeps on going. Don't see a pit maneuver happening either

Comment

Originally posted by GT Fanatic View Post
          Here's the police helicopter.

Shit if that's the case and they had all the moneyz, I'd get a fuckin AH-64 instead of a Russian turd!

Comment

They seem more reasonable than American police...

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
              They seem more reasonable than American police...
              they probably are
              WH

Comment

I like that they have all those supercars and a mustang . No Vette . LOL
                Big Rooster Racing

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                  they probably are
                  If they are required to get a JD, I'd put money on it.

Imagine that, people enforcing the law that know and understand the law and can objectively weigh facts against elements to make determinations regarding a course of action.

Comment

Imagine that, people enforcing the law that know and understand the law and can objectively weigh facts against elements to make determinations regarding a course of action.
                    Oh but no!

You dont understand all the police have to put up with! Its just so stressful. Its so bad!

so fucking quit!!

Sorry rant over

Maybe we should outsource police work too. Get some guys like that over here. At this point it seems like it just might be be worth a try. When you get to the bottom where cops just shoot first and ask questions later, random dumb ideas cant be much worse
                    WH

Comment

Or sign up for the force and give it a try. Walk a mile in their shoes. Ya know?

When money has no real value, everything is cheap.

Just my 2¢
                      Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                      There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Whoa whoa whoa. I'm all for educated LE, but a piece of paper doesn't mean you know or understand anything. I know a ton of people with degrees that a)are still idiots, b) have very little grasp on their studied field, and even less of a grasp on how to apply it.

I think the problem in America has more to do with attitude and entitlement/expectations than education.
                        Originally posted by BradM
                        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                        Originally posted by Leah
                        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren M View Post
                          Or sign up for the force and give it a try. Walk a mile in their shoes. Ya know?

Just my 2¢
                          Good advice. However I'm sure i might end up doin a lil something too and end up bein in another Frost post. At least I could see the problem ahead of time

Comment

Originally posted by Darren M View Post

Just my 2¢

Although, I did do a fair amount of ride-a-longs when I was first in college, majoring in Criminal Justice, and was fairly active with the local PD, as I had hoped to be a cop. Then saw a lot of things I didn't have the stomach for, internal and external of the PD.

Comment

Although, I did do a fair amount of ride-a-longs when I was first in college, majoring in Criminal Justice, and was fairly active with the local PD, as I had hoped to be a cop. Then saw a lot of things I didn't have the stomach for, internal and external of the PD.

I'm really hoping you decide to get into Internal Affairs.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                                Whoa whoa whoa. I'm all for educated LE, but a piece of paper doesn't mean you know or understand anything. I know a ton of people with degrees that a)are still idiots, b) have very little grasp on their studied field, and even less of a grasp on how to apply it.

I think the problem in America has more to do with attitude and entitlement/expectations than education.
                                And that is largely specific to undergrad degrees. A huge portion of a JD is involvement in your area of practice that is required. I'll grant you that there are still idiots out there, but a JD goes a long way to training a thought process that most people won't develop. As opposed to a guy that graduated high school, spent a few years in the military, and is still playing Iraq in his squad car.

Comment

Working...
                                X