Middle East conflict explained

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
    Doc, no one is claiming Israel has never done anything shady, just like we are not claiming the US has no with slavery, internment camps, indian reservations, etc. The driving factor that seems to unit people against the muslims and for israel is the use of suicide bombers and the murdering of innocents to further their cause. Muslims love killing innocent bystanders; they want to kill for the sake of killing and absolutely don't want peace. They only want jews exterminated, and they don't want peace with any religion. They want you to convert to islam or be dead. That is why most of us are against the muslims. If you can't understand that, then that is probably the end of my involvement in the discussion for now because I really don't know how to explain it more clearly than that.
    I know a shitload of cool muslims that don't want to kill anyone. The problem with the middle east isn't that islam is a religion of one virtue or another, but that the opportunity cost associated with violence as a means of expressing frustration or personal advancement is simply nonexistent. It's the same problem that Chicago has.
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
      I know a shitload of cool muslims that don't want to kill anyone. The problem with the middle east isn't that islam is a religion of one virtue or another, but that the opportunity cost associated with violence as a means of expressing frustration or personal advancement is simply nonexistent. It's the same problem that Chicago has.
      LMAO well done.
      "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

and guess who just broke peace by lobbing some rockets..
        Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

Originally posted by 68RR View Post
          and guess who just broke peace by lobbing some rockets..
          Oprah?
          Originally posted by PGreenCobra
          I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
          Originally posted by Trip McNeely
          Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
          dont downshift!!
          Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
            LMAO well done.
            All my muslim friends are rich, or at least moderately successful, so they don't care about squabbling over a patch of desert.

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
              I lived in Saudi doing contract work and working directly with locals. There certainly are some genuinely good people there that I got to know quite well, however they are unfortunately in the minority. Not all of them buy into the extremists teachings to kill all non-muslims, but the ones getting all the attention are the ones killing the non-muslims. Don't get me wrong on this, there are alot of muslims in the middle east who just want to be left alone to raise their families. I don't know for certain that they are the minority, but if not the extremists still have a very large percentage under their influence. That is all very unfortunate, but I don't know how to fix it other than to say it is ultimately up to the non-extremists to solve and fight against, but they don't really want to because underneath the muslim vs everyone else problem is the Sunni vs Shiite problem which is a whole other can of worms and just adds to the tensions over there. It is a complex problem. The christian catholic vs protestant conflict took several hundred years to cool down, but it never was quite as bad as sunni vs shiite. So no, I don't think all muslims are bad, but I do think a majority of them probably are not looking to seriously find a solution. Hell, it is very likely that the extremists view is the majority, at least.
              I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
                I lived in Saudi doing contract work and working directly with locals. There certainly are some genuinely good people there that I got to know quite well, however they are unfortunately in the minority. Not all of them buy into the extremists teachings to kill all non-muslims, but the ones getting all the attention are the ones killing the non-muslims. Don't get me wrong on this, there are alot of muslims in the middle east who just want to be left alone to raise their families. I don't know for certain that they are the minority, but if not the extremists still have a very large percentage under their influence. That is all very unfortunate, but I don't know how to fix it other than to say it is ultimately up to the non-extremists to solve and fight against, but they don't really want to because underneath the muslim vs everyone else problem is the Sunni vs Shiite problem which is a whole other can of worms and just adds to the tensions over there. It is a complex problem. The christian catholic vs protestant conflict took several hundred years to cool down, but it never was quite as bad as sunni vs shiite. So no, I don't think all muslims are bad, but I do think a majority of them probably are not seriously find a solution. Hell, it is very likely that the extremists view is the majority, at least.
                I appreciate that position. I still think we should've just run around and installed HVAC units everywhere, instead of trying to fight any one specific person. A lot of them are probably just crazy from living in places that are always hot as fuck, or cold as balls, or a place that has both those extremes.

Comment

I am disappoint.

Comment

Figured this would be most relevant here...

Israel came under fire Monday for claiming close to 1,000 acres of land in the Palestinian West Bank.

Israel came under fire Monday for claiming close to 1,000 acres of land in the Palestinian West Bank.

Israel announced Sunday that the land in and around the Wadi Fukin valley, would become "state land," clearing the way for the development of a new Israeli settlement. The affected land lies near Bethlehem and close to Bitar Ilit -- one of the biggest Israeli settlements in the West Bank.

Farmers in the area have 45 days to appeal Israel's decision to claim the land.

"The seizure of such a large swathe of land risks paving the way for further settlement activity, which -- as the United Nations has reiterated on many occasions -- is illegal under international law and runs totally counter to the pursuit of a two-state solution," United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon said in a statement Monday.

UK Foreign Secretary Philip Hammond issued a similar statement, criticizing the move.

"This is a particularly ill-judged decision that comes at a time when the priority must be to build on the cease-fire in Gaza. It will do serious damage to Israel's standing in the international community," he said. "Our position on settlements is clear: they are illegal under international law, present an obstacle to peace and take us further away from a two state solution at a time when negotiations to achieve this objective urgently need to be resumed."

Hammond said efforts should be focused on securing a durable cease-fire in Gaza and lasting peace. "We strongly urge the government of Israel to reverse this decision," he said.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR
                      I saw this the other day and had to explain to the person who sent me it via email how it really is not that simple.

Edit: Do not forget that Prager is a militant right wing Jew
                      In your opinion, how is that video incorrect?

<--------------- looking for education

Comment

Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
                          In your opinion, how is that video incorrect?

<--------------- looking for education
                          You could, you know, read the thread.
                          Originally posted by lincolnboy
                          After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                            You could, you know, read the thread.

Comment

Working...
                            X