No announcement yet.

I lost my shadow this morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to hear that. Gorgeous dog though.

Comment

Originally posted by Baba Ganoush View Post
      Spring Creek over off Holford and 190

I know I gave her the best life possible and she rewarded me with a peaceful passing. It could have been much worse, but it's just so sudden, I wish I had one more day, even one more hour with her. I know she died happy and peaceful.
      Man I think that's the best way for them to go. The last thing I want is to have to make the call to let mine go.

I know it doesn't make it too much easier, but that sounds like a great passing (if such a thing exists).

Comment

I feel you, man

I remember the last two dogs we had to put down. Our 14 year old Chocolate Lab, Scout (about 5 years ago), and our 2.5 year old Vizsla, Cherry (about a year and a half ago). It still kinda gets a knot in my throat to think about them on the day we took them to the vet. Scout went happy, but Cherry went because of meningitis.

Comment

I am so sorry man.
          When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Thanks again guys, lifting my spirits.

Comment

Originally posted by Baba Ganoush View Post
              I know there are plenty of dog lovers on here so I thought I'd share my shitty Monday with you guys.

My Bi-color German Shepherd, Mila, died this morning. I rescued her in 2008 and she brought my life joy from day 1. She was found with a chain embedded in her neck by the Plano animal control, taken in by Good Shepherd Rescue, and that's where I found her. I trained her off leash and she never wore a collar unless on leash. She trusted me even after being neglected and abused and wanted to be with me anywhere I went. We had many walks through the local nature preserve which is where I will scatter her ashes. She was the best dog ever and I will surely miss her.

No signs, perfect health. I was never really sure of her age but she was about 10. She got up this morning, went outside, rolled around in the grass, stretched out and passed. At least it was peaceful. I've cried more today than I have in ten years. Thanks for letting me share and I hope the year gets better because this is a shitty start. Go home and love on your dog today, they may be gone tomorrow.
              Almost 2 years ago, we lost our Tango. He was a Husky/Malamute mix rescue as well that Plano Animal control found abandoned in a back yard. Was left locked back there when the renters skipped out. He was very thin and nobody seemed to want him. We saw him on the day he was to be euthanized. We took him and he was awesome once he got settled in and all. We were told he was about 2 or 3 in 2007, but in 2012 we found a lump on him shaving him for the summer. We had it checked and it was cancer. Further tests proved him to be older than the 7 or 8 we thought. Vet estimated 12-14 years old. Surgery was not really an option as a large mass that if removed would prevent him from being able to control his rectum. He would have worn a colostomy bag. No way I was doing that to him. He lived comfortably and spoiled for another year. Then one morning, he just did not want to move. Did not want to get up, did not want to eat. Took him back to the vet and knew it was time. Hard day for sure. It will get better and you will find a new one that will annoy the piss out of you at first, but soon realize that you love them just as much.

Comment

Terrible way to start the year. My condolences.
                70' Chevelle RagTop
                (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Sorry about the loss.
                  "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Ahh man sorry the here that.
                    sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                    🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Sorry for your loss. We lost a dog suddenly a year and a half ago. When I picked up his ashes they included this poem. It always gets me misty eyed.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
                      They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together.

Comment

I like that poem.

Comment

Read this and prepare to laugh and cry....

Comment

Sorry to hear that. Sounds like she was an awesome dog.

Comment

I'm sorry, Baba.
                              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Sorry to hear of your loss.. It really hurts when you lose a family member...
                                Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

Working...
                                X