Ford's new EV Pickup..

Up to 300Mile Range
    770ftlbs torque
    600hp
    4sec range 0-60
    IRS
    Fulltime 4X4
    Skidplates everywhere.. especially the battery
    Power points in front and back storage.. 11 OUTLETS!
    Ability to power your home during a power outage. Up to 3days.
    Big ass 15" Sync 4 display. Bigger than the standard F150.
    400lbs FRUNK Cargo
    "Best handling F150 every"
    "Fastest Acceleration of any F150"
    Onboard Scales tell you how much payload you've got on the truck. It uses that to tell you your range.

Updating as I see more..

Update 1.
    Ford Blue Cruise Autonomous Driving
    Over the Air updates
    Dual on board chargers.. (sounds like you can plug it up twice to charger faster)

PRICING:
    Starts at $39974 BEFORE Tax credits.

Update 2.
    Available Spring 2022..

Update 3.
    From Ford's website.. Price can max out at $92000

Update 4. From Carscoops
    XLT starts at $52974
    Entry level battery range is 230miles
    Towing capacity is 10000lbs
    Payload capacity is 2000lbs
    models with extended range battery (300miles range) get 563HP and 775lb-ft torque. It has a dual motor setup.
    models with extended range battery get the dual charger. Which lets you have up to 19.2kW or charging. 11.3kW for the single charger.

More here:https://www.carscoops.com/2021/05/20...derstruck-too/
    Last edited by Sgt Beavis; 05-19-2021, 08:03 PM.

HA 300 mile range...until you tow with it, then its like 75. I have a dyson battery powered stick vacuum, as soon as you put it on the heavy carpet and start straining it, that thing dies quick. Batteries suck under load. Nothing will change that.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
      HA 300 mile range...until you tow with it, then its like 75. I have a dyson battery powered stick vacuum, as soon as you put it on the heavy carpet and start straining it, that thing dies quick. Batteries suck under load. Nothing will change that.
      Great comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
        Great comparison.
        His mothers vibrator is even worse. As soon as he gets it 2/3 up his ass it starts dying.

Comment

It just illustrates what I have been saying on here, until the battery situation gets better this isn't really a solution.

This thing will be great for driving around town for deliveries and for commercial fleets. But for over the road, forget it. They said it can tow 10,000 pounds. I bet it goes less than 100 miles doing that. Then it will take 45 minutes to charge up again. The charging time alone makes it a complete non starter for anyone who pulls anything a reasonable distance.

The price is surprisingly low and they said that the batteries take less cobalt. Those are both positive things.
          Originally posted by racrguy
          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
          Originally posted by racrguy
          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
            Great comparison.
            He's not wrong though. The Tesla Model X has a normal range of 325 miles, but when The Fast Lane truck was towing on flat ground, that dropped to 120 miles, and going up the Ike Gauntlet, that dropped to about 50 miles. That was with a 5Klbs load.

Basically, towing with an electric is about like putting a 10 gallon gas tank on my V10 ram.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
              He's not wrong though. The Tesla Model X has a normal range of 325 miles, but when The Fast Lane truck was towing on flat ground, that dropped to 120 miles, and going up the Ike Gauntlet, that dropped to about 50 miles. That was with a 5Klbs load.

Basically, towing with an electric is about like putting a 10 gallon gas tank on my V10 ram.

That then takes 40 minutes to refill. Towing is an issue and will be for awhile with electric cars. But for the other 99% of people who never or maybe once a year tow something this setup will be fine. 2-300 miles of range is plenty for most people. The thing I like about this truck is that they didn't make it look like total shit just because it's battery powered.

Comment

Agreed on many of those points. But I think we would all agree that the tech is rapidly evolving. I’d say, that from a personal transportation standpoint, EVs are covering about 80% of use cases. That’s more than enough for them to be economically viable. The battery tech has evolved incredibly rapidly in the last 20 years. Ford used to have an EV Ranger that got a WHOPPING 65miles of range. Now we have an HUGE F150 that gets 230miles in base form, had 4wheel drive, and costs $15K less than that Ranger.

Tesla’s own batteries have drastically improved. The original Model S had 265miles of range. Tesla is prepping a high performance version with 500 miles of range. The Cybertruck will be using new batteries that get 500 miles of range in the high performance version. Those batteries are also about half the price of Teslas current batteries and totally eliminate Colbalt, which eliminates a dirty mining source and makes them easier to recycle.

The battery tech on the horizon is just mind boggling. You’re going to see 1000mile vehicles with 15 minutes or less of charging. Thats coming in THIS decade. Aluminum-Ion batteries, Solid State batteries, Carbon-Nanotube Batteries. In 10 years we’re going to laugh at how primative batteries were in 2020.

That amount of change is the one thing that gives me pause in buying an EV. Things are gonna get crazy from here on out.

Comment

Originally posted by craizie View Post
                  his mothers vibrator is even worse. As soon as he gets it 2/3 up his ass it starts dying.
                  lmfao!

Comment

The EV performance stats are great other than range/towing, I just don't understand why we aren't seeing more with on board gas generators similar to what FISKER had years ago. They would seem to fix the issue until battery tech/charging stations are 100% caught up.
                    1997 Miata - Weekend\Autox Car
                    1994 Mustang Cobra - Garage Shelf
                    2012 Mazda 3 - Daily

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                      His mothers vibrator is even worse. As soon as he gets it 2/3 up his ass it starts dying.
                      Your sisters tho, lasts all night long single charge. I guess cause there’s no resistance on her ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Labora View Post
                        The EV performance stats are great other than range/towing, I just don't understand why we aren't seeing more with on board gas generators similar to what FISKER had years ago. They would seem to fix the issue until battery tech/charging stations are 100% caught up.
                        I'd like to see a diesel/elec hybrid like a locomotive.
                        G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                          Your sisters tho, lasts all night long single charge. I guess cause there’s no resistance on her ass.
                          She sent it to Bird_dog0347 for upgrades.

Comment

gay

Comment

i just would not want to replace the batteries . chocho $$$$

Comment

Working...
                              X