Quitting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quitting?

Lots of chatter in the media about folks walking out of their jobs due to vax mandates - curious if anyone on here plans to do the same? My previous employer issued their mandate last week and i know a number of people who are retiring, resigning, or just quitting as a result.

So, who on here has chosen that to be the hill they die on?

I, nor my family will be taking the jab. I work for a defense contractor....
    G'Day Mate

Comment

Are you quitting or going to make them fire you? People keep saying to make them fire you so that you may have a case against them.

Comment

If I had any inkling that I might need a future reference from an employer I would definitely not make them fire me.

Comment

Resignation letter is already written, just needs a date and signature. Waiting it out to see what happens with the mandate. Company I work for didnt want to mandate it but with 1200 employees they won’t have a choice if the mandate is enforceable.
          Originally posted by BradM
          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
          Originally posted by Leah
          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Mandate this! My employer is pro choice. Besides, it has already burned thru 95 percent of us.
            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Is it not still "guidance" and not law?

Comment

I've been working from home this whole time for this employer, if they have a mandate I will simply tell them to make me 100% full time remote. That should solve the problem.
                Originally posted by stevo
                Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Makes me glad I have my own small business. One thing I wonder if individuals will start creating LLCs and contracting to businesses. I came from the oil and gas industry and they had so many contractors within the business as “consultants.”

Comment

I plan on letting them fire me. They can pay to test me every week if they want, but that seems like a logistical nightmare. Basically my entire product group is unvaccinated so this should be interesting.
                    Justin

Comment

I'm betting nothing ever comes from this, but the big ass kissing companies that rely on government will get ahead of the attempted mandate.

By March no one will be talking about it. It'll be something new like inflation and shortages. Shortages are getting real very quickly. If you are in in commercial flat roofing and need poly iso you are fucked. Not a month or two maybe 4-6 plus. I've never seen it to where I couldn't get ten semi loads by next Friday.

I don't understand why companies are getting so far ahead. It isn't a law, it's a recommendation at this point

Comment

Comment

i didn't realize most of the members on here are anti-vaccine. i myself will not be getting it

Comment

If you hate your job or have something else lined up, by all means quit / resign. If you like your job and the only issue you have is a medical mandate, fight it.

On a real simple level this is coercion (violates Civil Rights Act, and is discrimination, Equal Opportunity). It also violates the equal protection clause. And most people ordering a medical procedure are not doctors (also illegal). If this doesn’t descend into a total collapse the legal fallout from this will be huge. Barring total collapse the busiest professions in 2022-2025 will be lawyers, psychologists, and small business owners. Big pharmacy, big medical, politicians, and big companies have lost all credibility at this point.

Liberals love Roe v Wade and this violates the bodily autonomy of that case as well. This will take years to settle or it’s total collapse and chaos. We’ll know by Jan 2023 when they go to seat the new representatives and Senators. This is a total power and money grab.

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                              i didn't realize most of the members on here are anti-vaccine. i myself will not be getting it
                              Honestly, I am not anti vax. One of my guys got it and we didn't give him any shit. He also had the anti bodies. I just think I was a carrier and some point and had no clue. I thought about getting the shot but I never found a set of days I wanted to be out of commission. Both shots kicked his ass.
                              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Working...
                              X