Done did it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

she's prettier than you.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Very cool!

A good friend of mine did the exact same thing with his '68 coupe he had in high school. Sold it and then found it again after 12 or 13 years. Now it's back in his garage and looking better than ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
        she's prettier than you.
        The car too...
        Originally posted by stevo
        Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
          The car too...
          yeah.
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

So you're not going to let this new/old toy slow down the coupe build, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
              she's prettier than you.
              True story!
              "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Pretty cool to find it and it be in good shape still. That fence looks damn good too, are those lights about head height?

Comment

That’s awesome. I’ve had mine since I was 17. Luckily it’s been in my possession every since then but if I were in your shoes I cant imagine how happy I’d be to get it back. Congrats!

Comment

the last one i bought back was horrible, and i didn't want to rebuild it, again. Glad yours was treated well over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
                      I did a thing, just when I'm nearing completion with my car I track down a new one. This is my old 89 5.0. I bought this right after I graduated high-school back in 2004, was our get away car at our wedding, I drug it out to southern Georgia when I joined the Navy and then sold it a few years after that since I had a kid on the way. I have been looking for the car since 2010 when I moved back to Texas and have finally tracked it down a week ago. So Friday of last week I boarded a plane for Jacksonville, FL, had a buddy pick me up from the airport and drive me to the car. 30 minutes later I had keys in hand and headed west. I put just over 1,000 miles on the car in 1-1/2 days with zero knowledge of the overall condition. Short of some flat spotted, 12 year old tires, fixed back race seats and straight pipe exhaust, the car didn't miss a beat! I'm now trying to return it back to a clean, nicely modded daily, removing much of the "boy racer" doo dads I put on it when I was in my early 20's and some of the "professional" repairs done to it. But I'm in heaven with the car and my wife can finally stop hearing me talk about it all the time. She even likes it enough to have our son take our picture with it.

After I got it home, installed new headlights and removed all the excess gauges.

Congrats on finding an old friend/family member. Hopefully you and your son can enjoy it together. Must be like opening a time capsule to see things unchanged from the last time you had the car.

Comment

Originally posted by s1lv3r View Post
                        Congrats on finding an old friend/family member. Hopefully you and your son can enjoy it together. Must be like opening a time capsule to see things unchanged from the last time you had the car.
                        Why quote the long ass original post? Just reply and he'll know you're talking to him.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
                          Why quote the long ass original post? Just reply and he'll know you're talking to him.
                          Thanks, Hope your's wasn't too long to quote.

Comment

Originally posted by s1lv3r View Post
                            Thanks, Hope your's wasn't too long to quote.
                            Hes never heard about it being "too long"...

Comment

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
                              My post wasn’t THAT long...
                              Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Originally posted by 4EyedTurd View Post
                                Pretty cool to find it and it be in good shape still. That fence looks damn good too, are those lights about head height?
                                It’s a “8 foot” fence. I think I put the light at about 6’ or so. They look good when they all work
                                Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Working...
                                X