Possible squatter issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible squatter issue

So I think I may have a squatter issue with this house adjacent to us. It has been empty for probably a couple decades now, the roof is half caved in, it's a dump. We have been noticing some large piles of cigarette butts randomly popping up in front of our house, today was the third time in the past couple of months. We have also noticed some random items popping up in the ditch in front of that house. Now my issue is, I do not live in city limits. To throw another wrench, I live about 1500 yards from hwy 75, the hwy is city limits and is patrolled by city officers but my street is not.

So any suggestions on how I should approach this? If I take it upon myself to investigate the house, find an individual there and call the police, am I looking at any potential trouble for myself? Or should I call the county and hope they one day decide to come investigate it? I am in Grayson county, and the sherrifs office is very slow about responding.

Thoughts suggestions?

Start with the sheriff's office.
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Comment

"You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating Fruit Loops on your front porch"

Comment

Put on a jumpsuit and a respirator and walk in like you own the place and set off a bunch of bug bombs. It will work; trust me.

You can also call a game warden and say you saw poachers using the place to hide game. One of the Grayson county game wardens is also on the county tactical team and would give up a nut to be able to go beat some ass.
          Last edited by svauto-erotic855; 04-18-2017, 09:26 PM.
          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
            This and depending on how your community is structured they may also have a contract with the DPS for enforcement. Or you could handle it like Janet Reno's ATF would have.

Comment

Originally posted by AdRock View Post
              That would be the best thing to happen to this place!! The sad part is the land is really nice, it has a really nice pipe fence all around it, a nice approach and deiveway, but the house is a huge pile. The guy who built my house said he has tried to contact the owner to see about buying it with no success in locating anyone. From what he found it is owned by the bank, but due to some circumstances they cannot do anything with it right now..

Guess I'll contact the sherrifs office and see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                This and depending on how your community is structured they may also have a contract with the DPS for enforcement. Or you could handle it like Janet Reno's ATF would have.
                I don't think there is anything like that setup. This is an old neighborhood of about 18 houses all on 5+ acre lots with a dead end at the end of the street. I've had the va police stop by a couple times when I was burning brush to make sure it wasn't a house on fire, but that's it. I asked one officer about them patrolling the street, he said it is out of city limits so it's not part of their patrol. But being I am so close to the hwy you can easily see the smoke and sometime the flame if I have it big enough.

Comment

ACCORDING TO URBAN DICTIONARY, JUST GO INSIDE AND STICK YOUR PENIS IN THE HOLE

squatter
                  In public toilets one who sits all day on a commode waiting for a penis to come at him through a glory hole.

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                    A deputy will come out, tell them to leave. Squatters will leave, deputy will then leave, squatters will come back. Rinse/repeat. Unless the owner of the property launches a formal complaint the sheriff can't do anything.

Comment

Put a few big ass spot lights up shinning through the windows. That's caused me to move.
                      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Tell the law that you think someone may be mistreating Muslims in the house. You think they are being fed Jimmy Dean sausage on a daily basis.

Comment

Originally posted by FastFox View Post
                          Tell the law that you think someone may be mistreating Muslims in the house. You think they are being fed Jimmy Dean sausage on a daily basis.
                          Shit that may gain more spectators...

Comment

Pier and beam house? Ruin the floors.

Even if doing something like that doesn't work, you can still do plenty to make it unlivable. And don't worry about it, obviously nobody cares about the place. Just do what you gotta do. I know I would... no telling what kind of scum those squatters may be. Or may be in the future, if different squatters come. I'm sure you don't want those people next to you and your family.
                            WH

Comment

i'd start by deleting this thread, then replace it in a couple of weeks with "the empty house across the street burned to the ground"

god bless.
                              It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Working...
                              X