OBDII Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OBDII Question

I am using Torque Pro with a bluetooth OBDII reader. Not that that changes the question but the picture below is the issue.

So when checking the readiness of a car with this app it has an area where it shows all the sensors and says Complete, Incomplete or Not Available. The issue I am having is that all the sensors show Not Available except 3. Fuel Systems shows Complete, Components shows Complete and System Type says Spark. Everything else says Not Available. The picture below is not from the car I mean just a reference so you can see the screen I am referring to. (Emissions Readiness s/DTC)

The main reason I am looking into it is because the car has an obvious misfire under load and I was trying to find out which cylinder/s was causing the issue. The check engine light comes on for the no cats but the misfire sensor is not available to check it. Any ideas what would cause sensors to not be available to read from the OBDII. I have also tested it on another hand held scanner and the sensors still not there. Car in question is an 04 Mach. Any ideas on how to fix the issue?

Sorry for the big picture and the long post.

Easy, the current drive cycle status is something that happens on every drive cycle, the emissions readiness is the long term.

Heated catalyst, a/c, and secondary air aren't available on the car. The EVAP is complete on the long term, but the current drive cycle is showing NA, so likely a software glitch. The catalyst and 02 haven't completed on the current cycle yet. The only one I can't explain is the EGR system.

As for the misfire, I guarantee the coils are shitting the bed, swap them out with a new set and your problem goes away.

Comment

Figured i would take a screenshot of what I get on my app and the other handheld scanner. If the sensors are being read but are not ready they will either say Incomplete or Not Ready. Unavailable normally would be if the sensors were not in the vehicle.

Comment

Working...
      X