Aikman needs to STFU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pHILSANITY07 View Post
    Oh, the racing NASCAR jokes were funny. It's not like Kyle Busch missed nearly 3 months because of a broken foot in 2015 . Denny Hamlin missed several races with a fractured vertebra in 2013. Even Aric Almirola this season missed 4 races because of a fractured vertebra.
    BUT DID THEY DIE???
    It seems many of the changes didn't come until after Sr. died, which is a travesty. It's as if all other lives recently lost prior to that mean nothing compared. The Hans device had been around long before yet supposedly wasn't a requirement until after Sr's death.
    Back injuries in the NFL seem to be pretty rare and in the case of the latest casualty, which looked like nothing more than a freak accident, yet there's Aikman never missing an opportunity to get on his rickety soap box and complain.
    PS- After I've seen Kyle Busch/PeeWee Herman looking sack of shit putting people in the wall (one of them head on) I have no pity for him being out for any length of time. Fuck him.

Originally posted by jluv View Post
    I've been saying for years that they need to add 1-2" of quality padding to the outside of the helmets. With today's technology, I know they could do it without adding any significant weight. Sure, the players would look like bobbleheads, but that would just make it more entertaining to watch.
    I'm all for it. I don't hear Aikman making suggestions on anything. Maybe it's being done when there's no mic in front of him, but all I've ever heard is his knee jerk reaction, and this latest "this game is hard to watch" over an injury that most likely could not have been avoided regardless of what padding was were is a little over the top.

Comment

Its good they are taking a serious look at concussions. I remember many, many TV shots of Aikman on the sidelines sniffing ammonia trying to get his head back clear.
      Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

Originally posted by Murph Tang View Post
        Its good they are taking a serious look at concussions. I remember many, many TV shots of Aikman on the sidelines sniffing ammonia trying to get his head back clear.
        And leaving the NFC championship thinking he was getting on a plane to go to Atlanta Tx instead of Ga, and the announcers laughing because he had a lingering concussion amd didn't know where he was. I guess that shit is cute as hell and "just part of the job."
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
          And leaving the NFC championship thinking he was getting on a plane to go to Atlanta Tx instead of Ga, and the announcers laughing because he had a lingering concussion amd didn't know where he was. I guess that shit is cute as hell and "just part of the job."
          No you're just a pussy.
          Originally posted by BradM
          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
          Originally posted by Leah
          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Aikman speaking up is wonderful and as a player that suffers from the effects and has seen others I value his opinon. Yes it is a risk that the players take, but why should he have to shut up about it. I would prefer if more players talked honestly so things can get solved or diagnosed. The more data the better and the NFL can easily foot the bill which the research could help the entire planet medically progress.

I dont see the point in telling people to toughen up or dont bitch about it, that solves absolutely nothing.

Originally posted by jluv View Post
            I've been saying for years that they need to add 1-2" of quality padding to the outside of the helmets. With today's technology, I know they could do it without adding any significant weight. Sure, the players would look like bobbleheads, but that would just make it more entertaining to watch.
            I believe the significant amount of damage is caused from the whiplash effect more so than the head on impact. You would need a way to absorb the momentum travelling through the spine.
            Last edited by abecx; 12-06-2017, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Everyone loves a good hit stick on Madden though.
              17' Coyote | MGW | BMR | STEEDA | STAINLESS WORKS | E85 TUNED |

Comment

Originally posted by abecx View Post
                I dont see the point in telling people to toughen up or dont bitch about it, that solves absolutely nothing.
                Aikman taking to social media to bitch how a game is "hard to watch" after a self-inflicted freak accident is "wonderful?" Please explain how that is beneficial to the common viewer.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk
                  Aikman taking to social media to bitch how a game is "hard to watch" after a self-inflicted freak accident is "wonderful?"
                  He wasnt just talking about one incident, maybe you took a hit too during the game? Dropping a chip and hitting your head on the coffee table is always a rough one.

Originally posted by Troy Aikman
                  This game is hard to watch for a number of reasons...terrible for the NFL and the game of football overall.
                  There was more than just Ryan Shazier fucking up his back.

Smith-Schuster hit wasn't needed.
                  George Iloka hit wasn't needed.

And yes, I do find it wonderful because it gets people talking.

Comment

Kevin O'Leary a.k.a. Mr. Wonderful

Comment

Originally posted by abecx View Post
                      And yes, I do find it wonderful because it gets people talking.
                      Is anything being done with Aikman belly aching in the booth? This is a lot like NHRA shortening the track, yet teams find a way to go as fast or faster. Athletes are far stronger and more aggressive than in the past and things like this will happen in a violent sport regardless of how much you bitch and find certain plays "not needed/not necessary." The NFL's fines define how much of a joke it is. At some point the sport will be whittled down to flag football rules because tackle football is just too violent and hard to watch, or have some disclaimer on graphic content. Perhaps then Troy's DT's will cease.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
                        Kevin O'Leary a.k.a. Mr. Wonderful
                        You mean Paul Orndorff.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                          Is anything being done with Aikman belly aching in the booth? This is a lot like NHRA shortening the track, yet teams find a way to go as fast or faster. Athletes are far stronger and more aggressive than in the past and things like this will happen in a violent sport regardless of how much you bitch and find certain plays "not needed/not necessary." The NFL's fines define how much of a joke it is. At some point the sport will be whittled down to flag football rules because tackle football is just too violent and hard to watch, or have some disclaimer on graphic content. Perhaps then Troy's DT's will cease.
                          None of what you are saying means that the NFL should do anything but try to make the game safer. Work it out.

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                            Work it out.
                            I have, dear sir. I have come to the conclusion NFL color commentators are Alzheimer patients who, right on cue, are guaranteed to be shocked and horrified whenever a player makes a questionable play, gets hurt or acts out on the field. Bring back Madden FFS.

Comment

mike mitchell, nfl, steelers, bengals, NFL hits, nfl steelers, steelers safety, steelers nfl, mike mitchell nfl, mike mitchell interview

This
                              Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                              Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
                              Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                                I have, dear sir. I have come to the conclusion NFL color commentators are Alzheimer patients who, right on cue, are guaranteed to be shocked and horrified whenever a player makes a questionable play, gets hurt or acts out on the field. Bring back Madden FFS.
                                Aikman is a guy with CTE wincing when people get concussions. That's not a tough thing for me to have compassion for. Meanwhile Madden is a 81, and trying to live life to the fullest in his twilight years, but bring him back because you don't like the color commentators? How entitled are you?

Comment

Working...
                                X