Serious Tech: need metal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious Tech: need metal

Prices seem all over the map. Steel is up like 25% it seems. Even shopped some aluminum and it was up at least 15% over last list. Anyone else actually building the infrastructure of America and small town USA like me being affected by what seem like foreign sanctions??

Thisbis not gonna be great. Ever.
    THE BAD HOMBRE

I do not think you quite understand how a tariff is levied.

You do know that both China and Japan have tariffs on some American goods that is as high as 500 percent don't you? You do know that some of those tariffs are nearly 30 years old don't you? Did you know that Australia has an import tax on cars that ranges from 10 percent to 33 percent? I could go on typing for days about this but you are never interested in facts; just made up ones.
    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Ive presented the only proposed facts. You dropped a bunch of information that is completely irrelevant. You want me to build the next trump hotel with domestic pipe or import? Cause now youre fucking with your whole "ahead of schedule under budget" scam.

Remember i do this. I know what those dollars mean.
      THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

A 25 percent tariff doesn't add 25 percent to the final cost to the end user. It is levied against the wholesale per ton cost on raw materials and not the finished goods. Many suppliers will use this as an opportunity to raise their prices and point to the tariff as to why. If you have a good personal relationship with a metal supplier you will be able to get them to fess up about the details just like the one I had dinner with last night did for me. At the moment raw steel will go from 300 per long ton to 375 per long ton. China and Taiwan (more so China) have both been dumping steel at below cost in the US market and a protective tariff is perfectly suitable given the circumstances.
        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

now i need blue jeans, whiskey and a motorbike!

European Union Plans to Impose Tariffs on Levi-Strauss Blue Jeans, Bourbon, and Harley Davidson Motorcycles
          Striking right at the heart of Trump Country.
          THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

None of what you said is true from a numbers standpoint.

Comment

*****crickets*****

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
                *****crickets*****
                Lmfao. You simpleton. He is not talking to me.
                THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Lmfao. You dumbfuck. I’m talking about the Smack playpen.

Comment

You win. I smoked myself retarded. But you woke up like that.
                    THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Stay "woke" yall.

Comment

Originally posted by naynay View Post
                        Lmfao. You simpleton. He is not talking to me.
                        Yes I was. You are entirely off on your numbers unless you are ordering specifically from china...which still puts you way off but a little closer.

Comment

*****crickets*****

Comment

Ruffdaddy: you have no moral compass

The queen: you have no hope.
                            THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Saw this little gem yesterday and had to capture it for being so ludicrous. Turns out it fits in quite well right here where a caged union toilet tech might benefit from such instruction.

Comment

Working...
                              X