DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > God and Country

God and Country Politics and Religion

Old 02-14-2021, 01:01 PM   #1
GhostTX
Token Troll

Default It begins, Biden "I'm not taking your guns", but I am...

Quote:
Today, I am calling on Congress to enact commonsense gun law reforms, including requiring background checks on all gun sales, banning assault weapons and high-capacity magazines, and eliminating immunity for gun manufacturers who knowingly put weapons of war on our streets. We owe it to all those weíve lost and to all those left behind to grieve to make a change. The time to act is now.
https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-...land-shooting/
Old 02-14-2021, 06:49 PM   #2
svauto-erotic855
I know everything, I'm older than you

This is why I have been hoarding magazines for decades. Anytime I found cheap magazines I bought them even if I didn't own the gun that they would fit.

The really funny thing is even if they outlaw guns and magazines or force people to register them under the NFA criminals are completely exempt from being punished for failing to comply with those laws going back to a Supreme Court ruling from the early 80s. In that case a man was charged with not registering a machine gun and because he was a convicted felon he was exempt from the law because the government cannot pass a law forcing someone to snitch on themselves.
Old 02-14-2021, 07:02 PM   #3
Nash B.
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
The really funny thing is even if they outlaw guns and magazines or force people to register them under the NFA criminals are completely exempt from being punished for failing to comply with those laws going back to a Supreme Court ruling from the early 80s. In that case a man was charged with not registering a machine gun and because he was a convicted felon he was exempt from the law because the government cannot pass a law forcing someone to snitch on themselves.
if that were true, the entire NFA would be unenforceable
Nash B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 07:34 PM   #4
svauto-erotic855

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash B. View Post
if that were true, the entire NFA would be unenforceable
Give me a few minutes and I will find the case law. It only applies to convicted felons; regular people can be prosecuted.

Edit: This is the court case that makes violations punishable under the law for people that are not felons.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_v._Freed

Edit II: This is the first case that says felons cannot be punished for failing to register NFA weapons with the BATFE. There's another one from 81 or 82 that further clarified it and strengthened the position for convicted felons. I'll find it after I finish dinner.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haynes_v._United_States

Last edited by svauto-erotic855; 02-14-2021 at 07:42 PM.
svauto-erotic855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 08:43 PM   #5
GhostTX
Token Troll

Sheila's bill going to be pushed hard now.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-...-bill/127/text
Old 02-18-2021, 05:36 AM   #6
Gasser64
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostTX View Post
Sheila's bill going to be pushed hard now.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-...-bill/127/text
We need home manufacture to get real easy. So easy that "unenforceable" comes to mind.
Old 04-07-2021, 01:26 PM   #7
cool cat
Lifer

I've read that Biden will sign an Executive Order this Thursday.
cool cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 02:32 PM   #8
juiceweezl
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool cat View Post
From what I read, coming after ghost guns. It won't stop there though. This is going to get ugly!!!
juiceweezl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 02:35 PM   #9
Stephen
Extremely custom title
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool cat View Post
Is it a criminal offense if we donít abide?
Old 04-07-2021, 03:37 PM   #10
bird_dog0347
Punk Ass Douche
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Is it a criminal offense if we donít abide?
The president doesn't make laws... so I don't see how it could be a criminal offense. That said, he does have the power to instruct government agencies on how to do their jobs. So things like the ATF could "interpret" laws differently if he tells them to.

Stevo
bird_dog0347 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 06:11 AM   #11
Sean88gt
Avenge Me!
VIP Member

A large portion of this country feels like their country is being stolen, converted into this progressive shithole, things are increasingly tense, rights are being manipulated, people have seen their businesses fail with the pandemic, and we're seemingly on a never-ending track to over-compliance. Many of those same people are armed.

This may be a catalyst or this may be turning the temp of the water up a few more degrees so that we continue to boil.
Sean88gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 06:44 AM   #12
svauto-erotic855

Just keep in mind people haven't been buying weapons at a frantic pace just to turn them over to the government.
Old 04-08-2021, 05:32 PM   #13
Stephen
Extremely custom title
VIP Member

Looks like heís wanting to ban ghost guns and require tax stamps for more stuff

I bet/hope it gets thrown out
Old 04-08-2021, 06:45 PM   #14
Broncojohnny
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
A large portion of this country feels like their country is being stolen, converted into this progressive shithole, things are increasingly tense, rights are being manipulated, people have seen their businesses fail with the pandemic, and we're seemingly on a never-ending track to over-compliance. Many of those same people are armed.

This may be a catalyst or this may be turning the temp of the water up a few more degrees so that we continue to boil.
You also have politicians that are blatantly lying and a media that is covering for them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by racrguy View Post
Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.
Broncojohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 11:28 AM   #15
32vfromhell
Lifer

the concept that stormtroopers are going to come in and kick doors and raid houses block-by-block is a right wing fantasy.

the plan has ALWAYS been boiling the frog, degree by degree, little by little until the people are neutered. This gives the people in power the "moral high ground" that A) they are just going whats needed for "safety" and B) they "arent taking peoples guns away, see? You still have grandpappys 20 gauge singleshot shotgun" We are just taking the dangerous mass-killers out from potential killers and mass murderers"
32vfromhell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 01:19 PM   #16
BP
infidel
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32vfromhell View Post
the concept that stormtroopers are going to come in and kick doors and raid houses block-by-block is a right wing fantasy.

the plan has ALWAYS been boiling the frog, degree by degree, little by little until the people are neutered. This gives the people in power the "moral high ground" that A) they are just going whats needed for "safety" and B) they "arent taking peoples guns away, see? You still have grandpappys 20 gauge singleshot shotgun" We are just taking the dangerous mass-killers out from potential killers and mass murderers"
You sound a little British there mate.
BP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 06:57 PM   #17
svauto-erotic855

Quote:

I have tax stamps that predate the gun control act. I doubt anyone even knows these weapons exist.
Old 04-10-2021, 05:59 AM   #18
dcs13
Lifer

Another well written article.. Take a minute to read it gentlemen.. https://theconservativetreehouse.com...e/#more-210852
dcs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 01:13 PM   #19
Gasser64
Lifer

Quote:
It's reality. They did it just because a hurricane happened. Cause you know, there was a big natural disaster, and people are going on crime sprees looting and who knows what else, so it's best if you're unarmed.
Old 04-11-2021, 10:44 AM   #20
Jimbo
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncojohnny View Post
You also have politicians that are blatantly lying and a media that is covering for them.
This is so obviously true. Due to this, the majority of people I speak to, have no clue what the laws surrounding firearms entail.
Jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beto blew wad in panties, beto confiscate ur guns, joe biden'll kick ur ass, joe came on beto dress, nay achieved release, nay suck ur barrel