DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > God and Country

God and Country Politics and Religion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2021, 01:01 PM   #1
GhostTX
Token Troll
 
GhostTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Sherman
Posts: 11,204
Default It begins, Biden "I'm not taking your guns", but I am...

Quote:
...
Today, I am calling on Congress to enact commonsense gun law reforms, including requiring background checks on all gun sales, banning assault weapons and high-capacity magazines, and eliminating immunity for gun manufacturers who knowingly put weapons of war on our streets. We owe it to all those weíve lost and to all those left behind to grieve to make a change. The time to act is now.
https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-...land-shooting/
__________________
"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey
GhostTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 06:49 PM   #2
svauto-erotic855
I know everything, I'm older than you
 
svauto-erotic855's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 7,835
Default

This is why I have been hoarding magazines for decades. Anytime I found cheap magazines I bought them even if I didn't own the gun that they would fit.

The really funny thing is even if they outlaw guns and magazines or force people to register them under the NFA criminals are completely exempt from being punished for failing to comply with those laws going back to a Supreme Court ruling from the early 80s. In that case a man was charged with not registering a machine gun and because he was a convicted felon he was exempt from the law because the government cannot pass a law forcing someone to snitch on themselves.
__________________
Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.
svauto-erotic855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 07:02 PM   #3
Nash B.
Lifer
 
Nash B.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 40,119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
The really funny thing is even if they outlaw guns and magazines or force people to register them under the NFA criminals are completely exempt from being punished for failing to comply with those laws going back to a Supreme Court ruling from the early 80s. In that case a man was charged with not registering a machine gun and because he was a convicted felon he was exempt from the law because the government cannot pass a law forcing someone to snitch on themselves.
if that were true, the entire NFA would be unenforceable
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncojohnny
HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!
Nash B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 07:34 PM   #4
svauto-erotic855
I know everything, I'm older than you
 
svauto-erotic855's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 7,835
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash B. View Post
if that were true, the entire NFA would be unenforceable
Give me a few minutes and I will find the case law. It only applies to convicted felons; regular people can be prosecuted.

Edit: This is the court case that makes violations punishable under the law for people that are not felons.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_v._Freed

Edit II: This is the first case that says felons cannot be punished for failing to register NFA weapons with the BATFE. There's another one from 81 or 82 that further clarified it and strengthened the position for convicted felons. I'll find it after I finish dinner.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haynes_v._United_States
__________________
Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Last edited by svauto-erotic855; 02-14-2021 at 07:42 PM.
svauto-erotic855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 08:43 PM   #5
GhostTX
Token Troll
 
GhostTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Sherman
Posts: 11,204
Default

Sheila's bill going to be pushed hard now.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-...-bill/127/text
__________________
"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey
GhostTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 05:36 AM   #6
Gasser64
Lifer
 
Gasser64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 4,691
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostTX View Post
Sheila's bill going to be pushed hard now.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-...-bill/127/text
We need home manufacture to get real easy. So easy that "unenforceable" comes to mind.
__________________
WAH HA!
Gasser64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 01:26 PM   #7
cool cat
Lifer
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 16,645
Default

I've read that Biden will sign an Executive Order this Thursday.
cool cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 02:32 PM   #8
juiceweezl
Lifer
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7,088
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool cat View Post
I've read that Biden will sign an Executive Order this Thursday.
From what I read, coming after ghost guns. It won't stop there though. This is going to get ugly!!!
juiceweezl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 02:35 PM   #9
Stephen
Extremely custom title
VIP Member
 
Stephen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Spogtown
Posts: 13,784
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool cat View Post
I've read that Biden will sign an Executive Order this Thursday.
Is it a criminal offense if we donít abide?
__________________
"PSH!!!"
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 03:37 PM   #10
bird_dog0347
Punk Ass Douche
VIP Member
 
bird_dog0347's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Little Elm
Posts: 3,197
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Is it a criminal offense if we donít abide?
The president doesn't make laws... so I don't see how it could be a criminal offense. That said, he does have the power to instruct government agencies on how to do their jobs. So things like the ATF could "interpret" laws differently if he tells them to.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo View Post
Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo
bird_dog0347 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 06:11 AM   #11
Sean88gt
Avenge Me!
VIP Member
 
Sean88gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 46,739
Default

A large portion of this country feels like their country is being stolen, converted into this progressive shithole, things are increasingly tense, rights are being manipulated, people have seen their businesses fail with the pandemic, and we're seemingly on a never-ending track to over-compliance. Many of those same people are armed.

This may be a catalyst or this may be turning the temp of the water up a few more degrees so that we continue to boil.
Sean88gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 06:44 AM   #12
svauto-erotic855
I know everything, I'm older than you
 
svauto-erotic855's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 7,835
Default

Just keep in mind people haven't been buying weapons at a frantic pace just to turn them over to the government.
__________________
Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.
svauto-erotic855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 05:32 PM   #13
Stephen
Extremely custom title
VIP Member
 
Stephen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Spogtown
Posts: 13,784
Default

Looks like heís wanting to ban ghost guns and require tax stamps for more stuff

I bet/hope it gets thrown out
__________________
"PSH!!!"
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 06:45 PM   #14
Broncojohnny
Lifer
 
Broncojohnny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 43,839
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
A large portion of this country feels like their country is being stolen, converted into this progressive shithole, things are increasingly tense, rights are being manipulated, people have seen their businesses fail with the pandemic, and we're seemingly on a never-ending track to over-compliance. Many of those same people are armed.

This may be a catalyst or this may be turning the temp of the water up a few more degrees so that we continue to boil.
You also have politicians that are blatantly lying and a media that is covering for them.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by racrguy View Post
What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
Quote:
Originally Posted by racrguy View Post
Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.
Broncojohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 11:28 AM   #15
32vfromhell
Lifer
 
32vfromhell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 19,744
Default

the concept that stormtroopers are going to come in and kick doors and raid houses block-by-block is a right wing fantasy.

the plan has ALWAYS been boiling the frog, degree by degree, little by little until the people are neutered. This gives the people in power the "moral high ground" that A) they are just going whats needed for "safety" and B) they "arent taking peoples guns away, see? You still have grandpappys 20 gauge singleshot shotgun" We are just taking the dangerous mass-killers out from potential killers and mass murderers"
32vfromhell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 01:19 PM   #16
BP
infidel
VIP Member
 
BP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 19,521
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32vfromhell View Post
the concept that stormtroopers are going to come in and kick doors and raid houses block-by-block is a right wing fantasy.

the plan has ALWAYS been boiling the frog, degree by degree, little by little until the people are neutered. This gives the people in power the "moral high ground" that A) they are just going whats needed for "safety" and B) they "arent taking peoples guns away, see? You still have grandpappys 20 gauge singleshot shotgun" We are just taking the dangerous mass-killers out from potential killers and mass murderers"
You sound a little British there mate.
BP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 06:57 PM   #17
svauto-erotic855
I know everything, I'm older than you
 
svauto-erotic855's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 7,835
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32vfromhell View Post
the concept that stormtroopers are going to come in and kick doors and raid houses block-by-block is a right wing fantasy.

the plan has ALWAYS been boiling the frog, degree by degree, little by little until the people are neutered. This gives the people in power the "moral high ground" that A) they are just going whats needed for "safety" and B) they "arent taking peoples guns away, see? You still have grandpappys 20 gauge singleshot shotgun" We are just taking the dangerous mass-killers out from potential killers and mass murderers"
I have tax stamps that predate the gun control act. I doubt anyone even knows these weapons exist.
__________________
Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.
svauto-erotic855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 05:59 AM   #18
dcs13
Lifer
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,682
Default

Another well written article.. Take a minute to read it gentlemen.. https://theconservativetreehouse.com...e/#more-210852
dcs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 01:13 PM   #19
Gasser64
Lifer
 
Gasser64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 4,691
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32vfromhell View Post
the concept that stormtroopers are going to come in and kick doors and raid houses block-by-block is a right wing fantasy.
It's reality. They did it just because a hurricane happened. Cause you know, there was a big natural disaster, and people are going on crime sprees looting and who knows what else, so it's best if you're unarmed.
__________________
WAH HA!
Gasser64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 10:44 AM   #20
Jimbo
Lifer
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Micronesia
Posts: 7,993
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncojohnny View Post
You also have politicians that are blatantly lying and a media that is covering for them.
This is so obviously true. Due to this, the majority of people I speak to, have no clue what the laws surrounding firearms entail.
Jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
beto blew wad in panties, beto confiscate ur guns, joe biden'll kick ur ass, joe came on beto dress, nay achieved release, nay suck ur barrel

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:16 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.