Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
    Hurst.

A coworkers wife saw a few in Lewisville that were out as well. My S10 is full, and my gas guzzler truck is down to half a tank, so a hundred miles or so and its empty. At least I have a drain on the Cougar's tank, I can steal from that if needed.
    Huh, I might have enough, the Fusion has 12gls, the Snake & 5.0 are full and the '17 is at half a tank.
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
      Stay safe yourself Dr. Dave.
      I am high and dry over in Mississippi right now...I couldnt get into Houston if I wanted to because I dont have a boat or helicopter. I10 west of Beaumont has 15ft over water over it. Hwy 90 is closed as well.

This is near Winnie, Tx which is between Baytown and Beaumont.

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
        Hurst.

A coworkers wife saw a few in Lewisville that were out as well. My S10 is full, and my gas guzzler truck is down to half a tank, so a hundred miles or so and its empty. At least I have a drain on the Cougar's tank, I can steal from that if needed.

Fill ’er up. Some DFW stations may run out of gas this Labor Day weekend

You may want to fill up your gas tank while you can. On the eve of the busy Labor Day holiday weekend, convenience store operators and other gasoline retailers said Wednesday there’s a strong chance they will run out of fuel at some locations this weekend because of supply disruptions caused by Hurricane Harvey.

“I called my family members and told them to fill up their tanks,” said John Benda, who owns three Fuel City stores in Haltom City and Dallas and is building a fourth in Saginaw. “I have never seen it this tight, since 1980, even when we were rationing.”

Multiple refineries have shut down in Houston, Baytown, Port Arthur and other areas slammed by Harvey and the historic flooding that followed. Some pipelines that move fuel out of the Gulf Coast also are down, Benda said. In southwest Fort Worth, customers at a Kroger gas station near Alta Mesa Boulevard and McCart Avenue were greeted with a sign that read “We apologize for the inconvenience. We are currently out of unleaded and midgrade fuel and awaiting a fuel delivery.”

At a QuikTrip near Eagle Drive and U.S. 377 in Denton, about two-thirds of the gas pumps were shut down late Tuesday. Customers were told the fuel tanks were running low. QuikTrip, which operates 135 stores in North Texas, plans to stop selling gasoline at roughly half its stores this weekend, spokesman Mike Thornbrugh said. The company plans to post a list of stores with gas on its website soon to help customers find a station where they can fill up. The stores that run out of gas will remain open for other items such as bagged ice, soft drinks and hot dogs, he said. “QuikTrip is going to designate certain stores in all quadrants of the Metroplex and make sure those particular stores will have gasoline,” Thornbrugh said. “We have been through this in the southeast Atlantic area. If we tried to keep every store full of gasoline, we’d have outages everywhere.”

QuikTrip doesn’t yet have a timetable for getting all its pumps back up and running, he said. “Nobody knows the extent of the damage to the pipelines and refineries,” Thornbrugh said. “They’re under water.”

Another major retailer, RaceTrac, is expecting a disruption in its gas supplies. RaceTrac operates 112 stores in North Texas. “All RaceTrac stores in the Dallas-Fort Worth area currently have gasoline, though there may be some disruption to that supply,” spokeswoman Liz McIntyre said in an email on Wednesday afternoon. “RaceTrac, along with other fuel outlets in the area, is working to get ahead of any supply issues and minimize the disruption caused by the effects of Hurricane Harvey.”

The shrinking supplies have pushed up prices at the pump. Gas prices spiked to an average of $2.39 a gallon in the Fort Worth-Arlington area Wednesday evening, up from about $2.17 a gallon at the start of the week, according to the fuel price tracking website GasBuddy.

Benda said the increase isn’t necessarily a sign that gas station operators are try ing to profit from a crisis, but more an attempt to make their dwindling supply of fuel last through the weekend. Although some refineries may start back up this weekend, it could take a day or two for gasoline supplies to reach storage tanks that dot the Dallas-Fort Worth landscape — and that’s the place where convenience stores get their fuel, a AAA spokesman said.

It’s unclear how widespread the shortages may be. AAA, which tracks gas prices for travelers, is projecting that any stations that run out of gas for the weekend should be back to normal operations within days. “Our market analysts are saying it’s possible, but any shortages should be fixed,” AAA spokesman Daniel Armbruster said.

Comment

Good luck finding 89 or 93, I had to pump 87...

Comment

Copy/Paste from my facebook but my gym is trying to chip in where we can.

"Interested in helping with Hurricane Harvey Relief? 2 options this weekend in Mid Cities.

1) 2 of my students rented a Penske truck on their own dime and are doing a trip down to deliver much needed supplies Sunday. Saturday from 10 AM to 2 PM at Sloth BJJ will be a drop off point for anything donated. One of his Daughters is down in Houston helping and the big needs are baby items. Diapers, Formula (Premixed if possible, there is a water shortage), etc. Please drop items off Saturday if you want in the area and feel free to stay for class/get some rolls in. Monetary donations will be spent at Costco as well getting more items to take.

2) Labor Day (11AM) we are doing an open mat/fund raiser. $5 mat fee to get in, additional raffle tickets for additional donations (Raffling off Rashguard/Tshirts/Decals/etc). Already have some seed money from friends/family. We will be supporting Seth Daniels fund to help BJJ families in the area of the flooding. Seth and Missy Ilt Estrada are great people and already donating so much of their business funds coming up to help, so we want to help them out as well. They are great people.

Sloth BJJ in Euless Tx
            501 N Main St Suite 121, Euless, TX 76039

Please Tag/Share if you feel inclined."

Comment

Saw a station this morning on Davis Blvd selling for $2.94/gal

Comment

Coworker told me he saw $3.65 for diesel

Comment

My wife and I are heading down there Saturday to take whatever water, food, clothes, and gas we can gather up. If any one is willing or able to help with supplies please PM me. My truck will be full but if anyone else is planning a trip we could possibly travel together.

Comment

Originally posted by no4njnk View Post
                    Coworker told me he saw $3.65 for diesel
                    Just got off the phone with my wife. She was getting low on gas and she tried a couple of stations (QT, Racetrac, Texaco) in Keller.

None had gas.

I got on the phone and called every station 5 - 10 miles from her location and only one had gas, and he said he's really low and will probably run out in 30 minutes.

She arrived, all stalls full, line out onto the street.

Is it 1979 again?

Glad we are leaving to go to Scotland tomorrow, hopefully by the time we get back in Mid-Sept this will all be over with.

Comment

• There's too many people moving into this area, and the news media has hyped up the potential shortage, so the cattle are lining up to secure their share.

Wonder how soon the fisticuffs or drawn weapons will begin at the pumps...

Comment

• Shut like this is why I have a few hundred jerry cans full of gas at my shop and enough chemicals to run my business for a few months.
                        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

• There is a huge line at 7/11 in coppell, on Denton Tap.

Comment

• just got back last night from Houston. It was crazy down there, thousands of boats on the road and in the water trying to help wherever they could.

Nick and I bought a 14 ft jon boat Monday and headed down to do what we could. The online circus, and Zello apps were a joke honestly. A lot of misinformation was going out, we were told multiple times not to come out to Kingwood, Baytown, or Port Arthur because our boat was too small. We helped a few families yesterday get back to their houses, and ran some supplies to some folks. On our way back to Dallas, we talked with a bunch of people who were in Port Arthur who told us that's where we should have been, because they needed the small flat bottom boats to get into the neighborhoods. I wish we had known.

I'll upload some pictures in a few minutes.

Comment

• Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                              There is a huge line at 7/11 in coppell, on Denton Tap.
                              IT's crazy. The shell on 635 & Royal is crazy. The shell on 121 & Bethel is out of regular.

Comment

• Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                                Shut like this is why I have a few hundred jerry cans full of gas at my shop and enough chemicals to run my business for a few months.
                                A few hundred?

Comment

Working...
                                X