Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jose View Post
    I'm open to suggestions. Just worried about getting a fake one
    Lots of groups on Facebook where I get stuff. There’s a clone group that deals in cloning current is rifles. Tons of acogs passed spud in it.

Comment

Originally posted by wickedblkgt View Post
      Not an ACOG, but check out the Vortex Viper 1-4x24
      Agreed. Real glass / acog or nothing.

Comment

I have had a few ACOGs over the years but did not care much for them. To my mind they are kind of awkward and the BDC dots have never quite matched up to the barrel length/ammo combo I was shooting.
        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

I have one, the TA11 model. There are several different retical options for it. The retical that I chose is super minimal and so sharp with no soft edges. It really leaves the viewing unobstructed. It is a 3.5x and is a little longer than the traditional TA 4x32 model but still has that same shape. I will tell you one thing that the eye relief on the 4 x 32 models is fucking AWFUL. It feels like you have to press your eye against it to get a good sight picture. That was the major reason I chose the 3.5 x 35 model, the eye relief on it is perfect.

Other than that the glass is retarded clear and one of the nicest sight pictures I have ever seen. I live right by SWFA and for anyone who has been in there they have a ton of scopes, binos, and spotting scopes all lined up around the windows of the building that you can pick up and look out as far as 600 yards-ish with. I picked up a $4k Leopold recently and was like WTF does this cost $4k? It had nowhere near the clarity of the acog and the retical was trash.

I got mine through one of the distributors here on the board and it was drop shipped from Trijicon. Paid $900 out the door, it goes for $1300 retail.

Comment

Acogs are suppose to be treated like a red dot. Both eyes open, quick acquisition. The closer you get to it, the harder you make yourself work.

Comment

Jose I run an ACOG on my suppressed SBR, I love it. Fixed 4x, with the chevron reticle and bdc.

Couldn't ask for anything better.
              Matts1911SA - XBox Live Gamertag

Comment

Thanks everybody for the input. I just hate the fact that these things are stupid expensive and as much money as another rifle I have on my wish list (M1A) but I'm going to bite the bullet and order mine in the next few days.

Comment

I also have a love for garands and m1as. If you've never shot a 30 cal garand action battle rifle, let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
                    Acogs are suppose to be treated like a red dot. Both eyes open, quick acquisition. The closer you get to it, the harder you make yourself work.
                    So much this.
                    "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
                      You say that but on the 4x model you cant see shit out of it without your eye being 1/4" away from the damn thing.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                        I also have a love for garands and m1as. If you've never shot a 30 cal garand action battle rifle, let me know.
                        I have which further drove my desire for one.

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
                        You say that but on the 4x model you cant see shit out of it without your eye being 1/4" away from the damn thing.
                        I shall soon find out

Comment

I have which further drove my desire for one.

I shall soon find out
                          Sorry Jose. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
                            I do not have that experience at all.

Comment

Well shit, the deal I had found on the ACOG I wanted fell through Guess I really needed a different scope anyway

Comment

Well shit, the deal I had found on the ACOG I wanted fell through Guess I really needed a different scope anyway
                                Give me a few days and I will try to find one. I am pretty sure I have an ar with one on it still but I do not quite remember where it is. I will cut you one hell of a deal on it if I can find it.
                                Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Working...
                                X