X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
    Front plate tickets are only about $80.

Nothing for a baller like you.
    Just a drop in the bucket my friend, just a drop in the bucket...
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
      Believe that shit, playa!
      Originally posted by Silverback
      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Such retarded fucking bullshit. "Just think of all the stolen cars we'll recover!" As if police departments give a damn about recovering stolen cars. It's always been about revenue collection and reminding the public they're under The Long Arm of The Law.
        When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

I haven't had a front license plate on my car since I moved here back in 09
          2011 Mustang GT
          sigpic

Comment

The whole law is ridiculous. If it was that crucial to solving crime it would be illegal in every state. PA only requires rear plates, as well as 18 others.

Comment

I roll a metal dealer plate so it doesn't affect me in the slightest. Perks of being a dealer. I have had cops pull a 180 on me when they saw no front plate, no registration sticker and no paper tag.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                I roll a metal dealer plate so it doesn't affect me in the slightest. Perks of being a dealer. I have had cops pull a 180 on me when they saw no front plate, no registration sticker and no paper tag.
                So the assumption is that no front plate = stolen? So this just allows cops to be lazier? Got it.

Comment

Been pulled over numerous times by stupid ass cops when I use to roll around with a dealer plate on the rear. Never got a ticket for it because I would straight up tell them they needed to get on the horn with someone to confirm it to be against the law or I'll be on my way. My wife did get harassed and ticketed once by DPS for it and not having insurance on the car despite having a blanket policy covering what ever we were driving that was owned under the dealer umbrella. Naturally it was dismissed but still an inconvenience of having to go to court because someone is an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by thesource View Post
                    Been pulled over numerous times by stupid ass cops when I use to roll around with a dealer plate on the rear. Never got a ticket for it because I would straight up tell them they needed to get on the horn with someone to confirm it to be against the law or I'll be on my way. My wife did get harassed and ticketed once by DPS for it and not having insurance on the car despite having a blanket policy covering what ever we were driving that was owned under the dealer umbrella. Naturally it was dismissed but still an inconvenience of having to go to court because someone is an idiot.
                    I have garage insurance as well. Covers everything owned by the lot. Haven't been stopped yet, but I have had a few cops ride my ass. Also had one flick his lights on for about a second before he realized that I was a dealer.

Comment

I saw that on the hook, but kept forgetting to post it.

It's gonna piss off a bunch of folks here.
                      Eh, I haven't had a front plate on my cars in about 10 years. If I get pulled over for it I've got no issues/reasons to worry about getting stopped, just a small hassle. If I get a ticket it won't cost me the $80 you said the ticket cost, it will cost $10 to dismiss it and a little time out of my day. More worried about the time than the $10 but it is what it is. Its stupid.(The front plate, in case you didn't get that).

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                        Such retarded fucking bullshit. "Just think of all the stolen cars we'll recover!" As if police departments give a damn about recovering stolen cars. It's always been about revenue collection and reminding the public they're under The Long Arm of The Law.
                        I thought you were more intelligent than that.

Originally posted by thesource View Post
                        I'm sure the attitude you gave the cops isn't the attitude on display here or the outcome would have been much different.

And blanket policies do not meet the statutory requirement as set forth in the traffic code. The VIN for each vehicle covered must be on the policy. You can't have a catch-all phrase like "All non and non-owned vehicles" or similar on the card. If that was the case, I could keep that card and present it when I was stopped (well, my car is a "non-owned" car, isn't it?)

So, if you are still wondering who the idiot is, you might be surprised that it is yourself.

Comment

I have garage insurance as well. Covers everything owned by the lot. Haven't been stopped yet, but I have had a few cops ride my ass. Also had one flick his lights on for about a second before he realized that I was a dealer.
                          Another problem with this is that a most of the lots don't title the vehicle. If you stop the car and the driver gives you a lot insurance card, and the registration comes back to last Joe Blow owner, then it isn't covered. I'll even go so far as to ask for a bill of sale, and I have never had one person produce one.

Comment

Another problem with this is that a most of the lots don't title the vehicle. If you stop the car and the driver gives you a lot insurance card, and the registration comes back to last Joe Blow owner, then it isn't covered. I'll even go so far as to ask for a bill of sale, and I have never had one person produce one.
                            well, the dealer has to pull the plates and the registration sticker off there too, and put a printed demo tag on the back.
                            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I thought you were more intelligent than that.
                              I'm the intelligentest person here! And after re-reading, I agree with my conclusion.
                              When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                                well, the dealer has to pull the plates and the registration sticker off there too, and put a printed demo tag on the back.
                                Yea, that never happens.....

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                                I'm the intelligentest person here! And after re-reading, I agree with my conclusion.

Yay!

Comment

Working...
                                X