Opinions on SUV's with 3rd row

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on SUV's with 3rd row

With my third kid here now we have quickly realized the edge needs to go. I have been searching and reading reviews for a few days. Anyone with real world experience with any of the following:

Ford Flex
    Ford Explorer
    Hyundai Sante Fe
    Dodge Durango

Looking for something with captains chairs in the second row.

Thanks Bro's!

None of those, but our expedition el has been a huge plus for us.

Comment

I love my explorer but the third row is pretty small. It's fine for short trips but i would hate to spend 2+ hours back there. I'm also an adult so maybe it's not as bad as I imagine for a kid.

I don't even know if you can get captains chairs in the middle.

I've had mine since new and I'm near 100K miles over 5 years. I am shooting for 250K miles or another 5 years...whichever comes first.

Comment

Suburban, Yukon xl, or a Honda odyssey. We have our suburban still but I we also just got the odyssey and I will say it's a lot easier getting the little ones in and out.

Comment

I think the explorer sport has captain chairs in the 2nd row... I have the regular Explorer xlt, it's nice that the 3rd row folds flat. Only problem I have is the gas tank is small. Other than that, I'm happy with it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

We have a Yukon XL and a Jeep Commander with 3rd row.

I've actually thought about a new Durango R/T but not sure I want to deal with the mileage.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
              this is what we had back in 07. Be sure to consider if you'll ever need more space in the back, having to physically remove the 3rd seat will suck. The Expy EL has it where it folds down flat.

Comment

The 4th gen 4Runners can be found with 3rd row seats and are as solid a truck as you can get but it is on the small side. The Sequoias also can be had with 3rd row seats and an interesting bit of trivia is that there has yet to be a death from someone crashing while in a Sequoia.
                Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Love our 4Runner with 3rd row. No captains chairs, but the 2nd row reclines. Super reliable and excellent resale.

Comment

I have been strongly considering selling my 2002 F150 Supercrew FX4 Lariat and either buying used around a 2012-2016 Expedition, Explorer, 4 Runner, maybe as small as another Edge (we loved my wife's she had). Or my other option was to keep the truck and lease Explorer, 4 Runner, maybe a Durango or Cherokee.

I have found there is a model Explorer with 3 rows and captain chairs in the second. We have no need for a third row for us and all Explorer's come with them now. However, between the Explorer and the 4 Runner, the Explorer has more back end space behind the 2nd row when the 3rd are folded flat.

I ran across on the internet several 2013 and up Expeditions some even the EL with 60-90k miles and in the $20,000 range. Found a used 2013 black 4whl drive with decently low miles for right at $30,000 that I really liked.
                    Last edited by KBScobravert; 08-08-2017, 11:55 PM.
                    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                      Ditto.

Before you buy, go to a dealership and climb around in the back of an Explorer. Take your kids and have them get in and out of one.

Then walk over to the Expeditions and do the same. As long as your budget will allow, you'll end up in the bigger SUV.

We have 5 kids and we've got the Expedition EL with captain's chairs in the second row. The only way I'd replace the Expy is with a bigger passenger van and I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Comment

I'd just like to see one where the 3rd row was actually comfortable for adults. Probably have to just buy an RV
                        WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                          I'd just like to see one where the 3rd row was actually comfortable for adults. Probably have to just buy an RV
                          Would have to be. Not even a bus has a comfortable 3rd row.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Expeditions

Kind of dig the Durango. Not much of a dodge or jeep fan but I really have no real reason why.

Grand Cherokee too but no 3rd row seat.

I don't need a new vehicke with as little miles that it would see a year (<5,000), so if I buy, it will be used.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by emg View Post
                              I think the explorer sport has captain chairs in the 2nd row... I have the regular Explorer xlt, it's nice that the 3rd row folds flat. Only problem I have is the gas tank is small. Other than that, I'm happy with it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
                              Yup, my wife's Sport has second row captains chairs. Also, the 3rd row is only good for kids.

Comment

Working...
                              X