Get ready for them $3.00 gas prices!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by krazy kris View Post
    I call a big fat BS on the 5.3 I got one and it's a fat lazy slut that barely gets out of its own way. I don't know if it's all on that motor I think it's the fact that it's paired up with the pos 4l60e I'd like to put an 80 in it with a 6.0 but I'll wait until one of them give up the ghost

The old 5.3L's were slugs, new ones have significantly more balls. 355HP/383lbs-ft. The biggest problem with the old ones is the 4L60E will not let it rev, and the 5.3L needs RPM.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
      The old 5.3L's were slugs, new ones have significantly more balls. 355HP/383lbs-ft. The biggest problem with the old ones is the 4L60E will not let it rev, and the 5.3L needs RPM.
      yeah, the 03 had 285hp.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
        And the profits from building it go right on over to those Pearl Harbor bombing sons a bitches in Tokyo.
        This is the same this thing my late grand father said and my father in law say to this day. Both were in WWII.
        It reverberated with me so much that I've never owned a Japanese vehicle in my life!
        Originally posted by Silverback
        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
          Fun fact: The Toyota Tundra is made up of 73.5% of USA Made parts, designed in Newport Beach, California, engineered in Ann Arbor, Michigan, its engine is built in Huntsville, Alabama and then the final assembly takes place at the Toyota Motor Manufacturing facility in San Antonio, Texas

I love my Domestic truck...and its been documented to easily hit 250,000 miles.

One went 1,000,000 with original engine/trans
          I believe the F150 is the most American fullsize truck and has been for years according to the American Made Index. 85%

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
            I have an 06

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
              yeah, the 03 had 285hp.
              Barely better than the Vortec 350 at that time. I always preferred the 5.7L for towing compared to the early 4.8/5.3L. I was impressed by the new ones though.

Originally posted by krazy kris View Post
              I have an 06
              295/335 in those.

Comment

I went from a ‘14 5.3 to a ‘17 6.2
                I’ll never go back to the 5.3 again.
                Better performance and fuel economy out of the 6.2 by far. If they can only get their shit together with the 8 speed trans issues, I’ll be happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                  I believe the F150 is the most American fullsize truck and has been for years according to the American Made Index. 85%
                  Yeah, i looked up the AMI and saw that, I just know there are a lot of people (my own family in fact) who think they are imported from Japan, or the parts are made there, etc...

For an "import" truck, not much is imported.

And yes, the profits go back to Japan mostly, but at least it is employing thousands of Americans and supporting their families...whereas a lot of stuff here in the US is getting sent down to Mexico for production/assembly.

They are incredibly reliable trucks. My dad has a 2000 (2nd release year) with 138,000 miles and not a single thing has gone wrong on it. Tows his 16' camper anywhere/everywhere.

I've had to replace my water pump, not because of the pump, but because the gasket cracked from age and was slightly leaking.

My new Taurus couldn't make it to 100K without trying to commit engine suicide.

Comment

Something tells me somebody is about to put their thumb on oil. Not quite yet though!

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
                      The Raptor market about to take off.

I wish I could find a deal on one. I've been debating between getting that or a Gladiator. All the dealers in the Denver area are either thousands above MSRP or maybe a few hundred below.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                        This is the same this thing my late grand father said and my father in law say to this day. Both were in WWII.
                        It reverberated with me so much that I've never owned a Japanese vehicle in my life!
                        The one time I considered buying a foreign car I went to the Toyota dealer on 183 in Irving back in the 80's. They turned me down for a loan on a 4x4 Toyota truck that I really wanted - I was working full time and was making good money but that apparently wasn't enough for them.

I walked out pissed - their arrogant attitude put such a bad taste in my mouth that I've never considered buying an import since then.

I went from the Toyota dealer over to Frank Parra Chevrolet - they were happy to see me, GMAC was happy to give me a loan, and I left with a new truck.

Comment

Originally posted by 94mstng94 View Post
                          I went from a ‘14 5.3 to a ‘17 6.2
                          I’ll never go back to the 5.3 again.
                          Better performance and fuel economy out of the 6.2 by far. If they can only get their shit together with the 8 speed trans issues, I’ll be happy.
                          Any mpg difference is negated by the fact you have to run premium in the 6.2 (even though cheap bastards won’t).

Comment

Originally posted by A_A_G View Post
                            Any mpg difference is negated by the fact you have to run premium in the 6.2 (even though cheap bastards won’t).
                            The LT1 in my 18 Camaro SS recommends premium, but doesn't require it. I like the extra power, and if I'm spending $36k on a car, I can damned sure afford the gas.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                              I thought about a used hybrid once before but wondered about battery life since I'm fairly sure they do not have a warranty. A coworker just bought a Hyundai Ioniq and was told the battery is warrantied for life as long has he owns it. That ran him about $22k which is damn near half the cost of the smaller Tesla. But, while much less, it still uses fuel...advertised at 60mpg I think but at what speeds?
                              I was concerned about battery life also but did go ahead and buy a used 2010 Honda Insight hybrid in 2015. 80,000 miles & 4+ years later there has not been a single issue. Normal driving is 75-80 and it has consistently averaged 45 mpg. The 10 gallon tank usually lasts a week.

This was my first import vehicle, I've always been anti-imports, but, I've been impressed with the reliability & longevity. It isn't the first choice for a long road trip.

Comment

And there it goes.

Comment

Working...
                                X