Batman: Arkham Knight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FunFordCobra View Post
    I always buy games and pirate everything else. Steam is SO much better now you have 2 hours of playtime to decide if you want to return it.
    Is it play time or does it start when you buy it? I thought it was from the purchase time.

Comment

No no, i get all of that. I'm just saying since shit has changed for pc's, it's not the same as a simple console game buy that you can resell later.

On pc, you buy it, it's yours, forever. When that $60 price tag actually became a full $60, and not $20 or $30 you could resell later, some people were upset. That's when I really started torrenting. If I liked the game, i'd buy it. If not, or if it wasn't worth a full price, I either wouldn't buy it, or I'd wait for it to go on sale. Remember when installing a game was just a matter of putting in the disc and then the cdkey, and registration was optional?

It doesn't bug me as much for console, since the disc can be resold. This batman game is a perfect example of why pc users pirate games though. Until recently pc game refunds were not a real thing. $60 to get fucked this hard (even more if you paid for the season pass dlc) is just inexcusable, especially if you can't pawn it off on someone else willing to pay a discounted price for your used copy.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
        No no, i get all of that. I'm just saying since shit has changed for pc's, it's not the same as a simple console game buy that you can resell later.

On pc, you buy it, it's yours, forever. When that $60 price tag actually became a full $60, and not $20 or $30 you could resell later, some people were upset. That's when I really started torrenting. If I liked the game, i'd buy it. If not, or if it wasn't worth a full price, I either wouldn't buy it, or I'd wait for it to go on sale. Remember when installing a game was just a matter of putting in the disc and then the cdkey, and registration was optional?

It doesn't bug me as much for console, since the disc can be resold. This batman game is a perfect example of why pc users pirate games though. Until recently pc game refunds were not a real thing. $60 to get fucked this hard (even more if you paid for the season pass dlc) is just inexcusable, especially if you can't pawn it off on someone else willing to pay a discounted price for your used copy.
        Let's start one of those white house petitions, or email steam about adding whole games to their trade network thing that you can sell in game items on.

Comment

If steam can't get a cut, steam aint bout that life.
          sigpic

Comment

Ah...the good ol' days of "Activation" rather than "Registration". If you read the EULAs now, you basically just have a long term lease on the game, you don't own it anymore.
            "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

If steam can't get a cut, steam aint bout that life.
              They could take 10% or what ever they do on the items.

Let's start our own platform. We'll call it Fort Kick Ass. I don't know anything about coding or computers in general, so we'll make that your department. I'll come up with the good ideas and general ass kickery.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
                On top of that, if you can wait, 6 months or so after release, Steam will have the games on sale. I don't have the want much anymore for having to have a game on release day (there are exceptions, though).
                This is me, I stay far enough behind the new releases that I just pick up things as they go on sale. Of course I have my fanboi exceptions, Fallout 4 being one this month.

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                Have you read their "Fixes"? Basically they have a game breaking memory leak and their advice is to restart the game when it starts to stutter. They also recommend 12gb of ram in order to run it smoothly.
                That is garbage, especially after a "fix". Will have to wait for this one to hit rock bottom price to consider it.
                1997 Miata - Weekend\Autox Car
                1994 Mustang Cobra - Garage Shelf
                2012 Mazda 3 - Daily

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                  Is it play time or does it start when you buy it? I thought it was from the purchase time.
                  2 hours of PLAY time homie.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FunFordCobra View Post
                    2 hours of PLAY time homie.
                    Right on. Play on playa.

Comment

• Who cares, BO3 comes out on Friday, #COD4lyfe!

Comment

Working...
                      X