Graphics card guys... GTX 770

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graphics card guys... GTX 770

So I've been sporting a EVGA GTX 770 2GB for two years now. Some of the new games I'm not able to run on High. I started over clocking it, but really haven't throughly tested it.

My main question is... should I buy another GTX 770 2GB and SLI it? Or should I maybe look into getting another card?

I'm also just using 1080i or p can't remember monitors. So nothing too extreme.

Originally posted by Unicorn Jeff View Post
    So I've been sporting a EVGA GTX 770 2GB for two years now. Some of the new games I'm not able to run on High. I started over clocking it, but really haven't throughly tested it.

My main question is... should I buy another GTX 770 2GB and SLI it? Or should I maybe look into getting another card?

I'm also just using 1080i or p can't remember monitors. So nothing too extreme.
    I'd just get a new card. Some games start to get all fucky using SLI.

Comment

I need to get something new as well, I'm on an old ass GeForce 8800 GTS from like 2007. The fans on it are about toast, and it certainly doesn't keep up well enough to play any newer games. Any suggestions for like a $150 or less that would be better?
      Originally posted by stevo
      Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Get a 970 or 980 on black friday
        sigpic

Comment

970gtx is 230-240 on jet right now.

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
            I need to get something new as well, I'm on an old ass GeForce 8800 GTS from like 2007. The fans on it are about toast, and it certainly doesn't keep up well enough to play any newer games. Any suggestions for like a $150 or less that would be better?
            You're not gonna get crap worth a damn for 150. Cough up 199 for a gtx 960. Like I said maybe black Friday it will be 160 or something.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FunFordCobra View Post
              You're not gonna get crap worth a damn for 150. Cough up 199 for a gtx 960. Like I said maybe black Friday it will be 160 or something.
              What he said, but also be sure to grab the 4gb version as well. Sticking with 2gb is going to hurt with modern game texture requirements.
              sigpic

Comment

Yeah, 970 gtx for both of you. If you can afford a $700 gpu, the 980ti is the king.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                  Yeah, 970 gtx for both of you. If you can afford a $700 gpu, the 980ti is the king.
                  What this man said. A 980ti is, IMO, the best bang for the buck card out there right now, even at the price it's at.

Comment

Working...
                  X