Xmas tree electronic question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xmas tree electronic question

I have a question. In the living room of our house there is only one good spot that we can put the christmas tree now. The wall that the xmas tree will be on does not have a outlet. We would have to run an extension cord across the hallway entrance over to the other wall behind the tv and plug it in.

Is there a wifi type of outlet battery controlled that would plug all our lights into and run it that way?

For about $15 you can get a 2 or 3 way splitter that is controlled with a remote / key fob. We use them on our tree and outdoor lights.

Comment

OK so you're asking if you can power your lights via WiFi? No.
      Is there a way to transfer energy through the air to another power source? Nicola Tesla would say yes but he died.
      I'd just run the cable or solar panel rig.
      Last edited by FunFordCobra; 11-14-2015, 04:02 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
        For about $15 you can get a 2 or 3 way splitter that is controlled with a remote / key fob. We use them on our tree and outdoor lights.
        Well the wife doesnt want the cable to be ran across the hallway on the ground. Would that splitter have to run over to the outlet to the TV?

Comment

Originally posted by FunFordCobra View Post
          OK so you're asking if you can power your lights via WiFi? No.
          Is there a way to transfer energy through the air to another power source? Nicola Tesla would say yes but he died.
          I'd just run the cable or solar panel rig.
          Well, power the lights via a battery powered outlet. I dont mind changing out the batteries or charging it in an outlet and then plugging it in to the xmas tree when we want the lights turned on.

Comment

Have an outlet put in. Is there an outlet on the back side of that wall?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
            2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Solar powered energy stored led Xmas lights are the next cheapest option to a extension cord.
              sigpic

Comment

Oh man, I totally misread the question.

Yeah, if there were wireless power transmission devices that were so prolific they were being used on Christmas trees the world would be a completely different place.

Comment

Originally posted by denny
                  well, the new galaxy has wireless charging.
                  lmmfao

Comment

Get one of the lights that are triple a powered. buy some rechargeable triple a batteries. Use tree and then recharge lights every night at a different outlet.

Comment

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
                      Have an outlet put in. Is there an outlet on the back side of that wall?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
                      Screw looking for lights and spending the money on that lol. Im just going to install a new outlet on the wall. There isnt one on the back side of the wall unfortunately. Just going to run it to the breaker box that way. While im up there im going to install a couple of soffit outlets for the xmas lights and a flood light.

Comment

Convert to Judaism, problem solved, you can put a menorah anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Goku025 View Post
                          I have a question. In the living room of our house there is only one good spot that we can put the christmas tree now. The wall that the xmas tree will be on does not have a outlet. We would have to run an extension cord across the hallway entrance over to the other wall behind the tv and plug it in.

Is there a wifi type of outlet battery controlled that would plug all our lights into and run it that way?
                          I would take that as a nice way of being told don't worry about the lights this year. I don't want you to go to the trouble of putting them out just to take them down a few weeks later.
                          Half of history is hiding the past.

Comment

Originally posted by silverhatch View Post
                            I would take that as a nice way of being told don't worry about the lights this year. I don't want you to go to the trouble of putting them out just to take them down a few weeks later.
                            hahhaa, one of these days i will become wise and go that route. I had a lot of romex left over and ended up for about 15$ went and bought some boxes and installed one on the wall to a new breaker and ran a new light into the attic and put in a soffit outlet outside for the lights. Not to bad for a days work after the fkn cowboys lost.

Comment

Christmas lights are a ploy developed by the electric companies to make extra $$ during the slow season.

Comment

Working...
                              X