• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
    Small things... like tenths of degrees?

Comment

• Originally posted by Baba Ganoush View Post
      Small things don't matter? So small things just don't have a significant impact on the big picture? Hmmm.....

Humans are pretty small in comparison to the earth, ya know?
      You & Stry are talking about "humans", like...all of us. That's a "big" thing. So I agree that if a LOT of people do a small thing your right, it will make a difference. You get *everyone* to stop wasting water or paper or whatever SS Junk was trolling about and yes, I agree it will make a difference. Won't happen through word-of-mouth though (or forum trolling). It's about legislation, education, and making "clean" economical.

Stry ~ You again brought up the tampering article. I can go outside and tell you how hot it is. They didn't tamper with *every* report, nor with the reading we're getting today from local sources straight from the thermometers. Until we stop breaking heat records every year, and the trendline keeps going up, I don't accept your stale argument.
      Last edited by mschmoyer; 06-23-2017, 03:39 PM.
      2004 Z06 Commemorative Ed.

Comment

• Originally posted by mschmoyer View Post
        You & Stry are talking about "humans", like...all of us. That's a "big" thing. So I agree that if a LOT of people do a small thing your right, it will make a difference. You get *everyone* to stop wasting water or paper or whatever SS Junk was trolling about and yes, I agree it will make a difference. Won't happen through word-of-mouth though (or forum trolling). It's about legislation, education, and making "clean" economical.

Stry ~ You again brought up the tampering article. I can go outside and tell you how hot it is. They didn't tamper with *every* report, nor with the reading we're getting today from local sources straight from the thermometers. Until we stop breaking heat records every year, and the trendline keeps going up, I don't accept your stale argument.
        1. You are again advocating for government legislation to make companies do shit.

2. It's fucking Texas, of course it's gonna get hot. Jesus.
        Originally posted by PGreenCobra
        I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
        Originally posted by Trip McNeely
        Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
        dont downshift!!
        Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

• Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
          1. You are again advocating for government legislation to make companies do shit.

2. It's fucking Texas, of course it's gonna get hot. Jesus.
          1. In some cases, yes. Companies don't dump toxic chemicals in your water supply right now. You want to take that regulation back too? I don't want over-regulation, but I'm not issuing a blanket statement against ANY regulation. I'm more of a fan of subsidies for innovative, clean tech though.

2. It's called breaking a record because it's not just hot, its the MOST hot it's ever been since we started counting.

Comment

1. In some cases, yes. Companies don't dump toxic chemicals in your water supply right now. You want to take that regulation back too? I don't want over-regulation, but I'm not issuing a blanket statement against ANY regulation. I'm more of a fan of subsidies for innovative, clean tech though.

2. It's called breaking a record because it's not just hot, its the MOST hot it's ever been since we started counting.
            1. Fuck subsidies. If it makes sense a company will do it. They don't need my tax dollars to motivate them.

2. Records were meant to be broken. We had a couple mild summers a few years back. How about those?
            I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
            dont downshift!!

Comment

1. Fuck subsidies. If it makes sense a company will do it. They don't need my tax dollars to motivate them.

2. Records were meant to be broken. We had a couple mild summers a few years back. How about those?
              1. "Morals" and "Protecting the planet" will never make sense to a company. Bottom line is the only thing that makes sense to them. Consider for one second that maybe we are trashing the Earth, very slowly. Investors would be the LAST people to acknowledge this. When the weather extremes start drying up lakes, killing crops, or doing other bad things, the "economics" will play out negatively anyways.

Which companies do care about morals? Billionaires no longer sucker to their stockholders. Elon, Bill Gates, etc.

2. Believe what you want, but if you want to look at thermostat data gathered for the last 100 years or so, it's all up. It's average temp of the Earth that matters, not one season in one state. If you don't believe the graph, then we're just going to disagree. More folks than NOAA have come to the same conclusions...

Comment

• He got owned on national TV this week

Comment

1. "Morals" and "Protecting the planet" will never make sense to a company. Bottom line is the only thing that makes sense to them. Consider for one second that maybe we are trashing the Earth, very slowly. Investors would be the LAST people to acknowledge this. When the weather extremes start drying up lakes, killing crops, or doing other bad things, the "economics" will play out negatively anyways.

Which companies do care about morals? Billionaires no longer sucker to their stockholders. Elon, Bill Gates, etc.

2. Believe what you want, but if you want to look at thermostat data gathered for the last 100 years or so, it's all up. It's average temp of the Earth that matters, not one season in one state. If you don't believe the graph, then we're just going to disagree. More folks than NOAA have come to the same conclusions...
                  That is a lot of faith in such a small sample of data.

Comment

Incredible response considering our earlier banter where you said you don't like government control. Your fall back reasoning is that billionaires don't care. Fantastic response.

I see a lot of permanent solutions to what are essentially your opinions. Your ability to allow 'selective legislation' absolutely baffles me. 100 years of data or even 200 years of data doesn't mean shit. It allows people to hypothesize and create discord. There's all sorts of information out there supporting the very probable reality that MAN-MADE (there's a difference) global warming is a fucking globalist-created sham to force down infrastructure and progressive business venture.

You keep sitting on both sides of the fence pulling your dick over something that has not been (and might never be) factually proven. I don't have much else to say to you.
                    dont downshift!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                      That is a lot of faith in such a small sample of data.
                      But but... it's 100 years.

Comment

There's all sorts of information out there supporting the very probable reality that MAN-MADE (there's a difference) global warming is a fucking globalist-created sham to force down infrastructure and progressive business venture.

You keep sitting on both sides of the fence pulling your dick over something that has not been (and might never be) factually proven.
                        And zero information and evidence presented that it is a real thing? Your choosing to selectively read what you want to read because it's what is comfortable to you. It's obvious when you say that.

Post your scientific evidence to the contrary then, with some way for us to find out how many scientists support it. The actual paper, from an actual science-based source, not a conservative opinion piece. I'm open to being wrong if you are...

Comment

And zero information and evidence presented that it is a real thing? Your choosing to selectively read what you want to read because it's what is comfortable to you. It's obvious when you say that.

Post your scientific evidence to the contrary then, with some way for us to find out how many scientists support it. The actual paper, from an actual science-based source, not a conservative opinion piece. I'm open to being wrong if you are...
                          Burden of proof: on you

Comment

• Originally posted by CWO View Post
                            Burden of proof: on you
                            Takeaways The rate of change since the mid-20th century is unprecedented over millennia. Earth’s climate has changed throughout history. Just in the last 800,000 years, there have been eight cycles of ice ages and warmer periods, with the end of the last ice age about 11,700 years ago marking the beginning of the modern climate […]

The current warming trend is of particular significance because most of it is extremely likely (greater than 95 percent probability) to be the result of human activity since the mid-20th century and proceeding at a rate that is unprecedented over decades to millennia.1

Earth-orbiting satellites and other technological advances have enabled scientists to see the big picture, collecting many different types of information about our planet and its climate on a global scale. This body of data, collected over many years, reveals the signals of a changing climate.

Consensus data:

It’s important to remember that scientists always focus on the evidence, not on opinions. Scientific evidence continues to show that human activities (primarily the human burning of fossil fuels) have warmed Earth’s surface and its ocean basins, which in turn have continued to impact Earth’s climate. This is based on over a century of scientific […]

Multiple studies published in peer-reviewed scientific journals1 show that 97 percent or more of actively publishing climate scientists agree: Climate-warming trends over the past century are extremely likely due to human activities. In addition, most of the leading scientific organizations worldwide have issued public statements endorsing this position. The following is a partial list of these organizations, along with links to their published statements and a selection of related resources.

Decentralized source:

In 2013, the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) Fifth Assessment Report concluded that "It is extremely likely that human influence has been the dominant cause of the observed warming since the mid-20th century."[7] The largest human influence has been the emission of greenhouse gases such as carbon dioxide, methane and nitrous oxide. Climate model projections summarized in the report indicated that during the 21st century, the global surface temperature is likely to rise a further 0.3 to 1.7 °C (0.5 to 3.1 °F) in the lowest emissions scenario, and 2.6 to 4.8 °C (4.7 to 8.6 °F) in the highest emissions scenario.[8] These findings have been recognized by the national science academies of the major industrialized nations[9][a] and are not disputed by any scientific body of national or international standing.[11]

Details on "Climategate" (NOAA issue mentioned previously):

Eight committees investigated the allegations and published reports, finding no evidence of fraud or scientific misconduct.[15] However, the reports called on the scientists to avoid any such allegations in the future by taking steps to regain public confidence in their work, for example by opening up access to their supporting data, processing methods and software, and by promptly honouring freedom of information requests.[16] The scientific consensus that global warming is occurring as a result of human activity remained unchanged throughout the investigations.[17]

Comment

• The point of my comment to you was that you were asking someone for proof that doesn't think there is any. Dummy.

the planet has warmed and cooled throughout it's rather lengthy history and will continue to do so.... right up until it doesn't, and when that happens we won't be around to blog about it

Comment

Working...
                              X