No announcement yet.

What's your take on gun safes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a decent deal here with shipping included. It's not what I have but if I were in the market for a safe I would pick up one of these. It would be nice if it was rated for more than 30 minutes but that's not a deal breaker for me.

Comment

Picked my safe up at Bass Pro. It is a good size and has nice features for $1000.00

Comment

Originally posted by TexasVert View Post
        Just bought my first real gun safe last week. I bought Champion's top of the line from the The Safe Company in Garland. It was not cheap but I went ahead and bought more than I needed so I don't have to do it again. It is 60 cubic feet and 1725lbs. Almost did not get it in the house but the folks at The Safe Company do a good job. It is enormous but I will fill it eventually. Champion and Superior(owned by Champion) are the way to go. The one I got has a 2 hour fire rating. It also has like three re-lockers and one is a piece of glass that breaks if they try to drill it. All I would recommend is don't go cheap. Make sure you don't buy Chinese, their steel is soft and the quality is crap. Champion was started in competition with Liberty and they beat them on quality and price across the board. Browning is way over priced and a lot of them are Chinese. American Security is a really good safe but they are not very pretty. The Champion and Superior safes are really nice looking with gloss paint.
        I bought mine from the same people 6 yrs ago. Great folks to deal with and they were phasing out there Liberty dealership and moving to the Champion line. I love my safe and went BIG also. Like the others have said it is worth it to spend the extra money and get one you can grow into.

Comment

One of these days I'm going to get a monster safe like those above. Problem is my office is on the second floor of the house and I am moving in about 8 months (hopefully)...don't want to pay for delivery and have them put it in the only room my wife allows guns, then have to turn around and get friends/family to haul it back downstairs when we move.

I hate 2 story houses, my next house is going to be one story.

Comment

Working...
          X