Colt Python

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
    I have a 686 as well, its a good gun. I like the push cylinder release as well. but as far as quality and tightness/precision it is no comparison to a python. I'll bring both next time we shoot for you to compare.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Wasn't the Python the .357 Mag and the Anaconda the .44 Mag?

If I remember right, the Dan Wesson revolvers were just as close tolerance as the Colts.

I would venture to say that you could not shoot a S&W any better than the Colt. What I mean to say that is unless you are an elite shooter, you won't be able to tell the difference.
      Yes that is my understanding that the python is 357 and the anaconda is 44. My point was that even among Colts the python stands out. It was a special model. Anyone know why Colt picked that gun to do that with? Because that is sort of odd. They did not do that with any of the other modern revolvers. The trooper or the anaconda or any of the others. I mean the others are good guns but they are not in the class with the python. Don't know anything about Dan Wesson guns.

I would not argue with you at all about my shooting the gun any different. I am not good enough that I think there would be a big difference. But if I was going to buy a piano and could afford a Steinway or an electric keyboard and I wanted something I could be proud of I would want the better piano even if I could not play it any better. If I only bought guns that reflected my skill level then all I would own is a cheap shotgun and a few throw away pistols by Jennings or some Chinese maker.....

But I can totally see your perspective. If I was a police officer I would be much more focused on results than looks and image. In fact I would be a little scared of the python for police duty. The python is made to such tight specs it requires regular service on wear parts and they can fail because they are under some pretty intense pressure. They are known to get out of "timing". I would want the S&W because it would probably be more reliable to bet your life on. I suspect the python is more popular with those wanting a target pistol or to a collector. I would fit in both of these catagories.
      2011 Dodge Challenger SRT8 Inaugural Edition
      2011 Harley Davidson F150
      2003 Harley Davidson Road King 100th Anniversary Edition

Comment

I can haz 4 that price?
        http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
          I can haz 4 that price?
          You wished!

Since it is in Texas, I had to pay tax and overnight shipping.

It came to about $670 total, but still even with that it's a good price.

Comment

it's good to have it the next day for that price for sure

oh well, I don't really need another pistol anyhow
            http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

I'll go ahead and get in line to shoot that python, cj. I love my colts. I've got a police positive that was built in '27 that I shoot regularly and have carried. I'd still like to find a rough detective special to fitz.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasVert View Post
                Yes that is my understanding that the python is 357 and the anaconda is 44. My point was that even among Colts the python stands out. It was a special model. Anyone know why Colt picked that gun to do that with? Because that is sort of odd. They did not do that with any of the other modern revolvers. The trooper or the anaconda or any of the others. I mean the others are good guns but they are not in the class with the python. Don't know anything about Dan Wesson guns.

I would not argue with you at all about my shooting the gun any different. I am not good enough that I think there would be a big difference. But if I was going to buy a piano and could afford a Steinway or an electric keyboard and I wanted something I could be proud of I would want the better piano even if I could not play it any better. If I only bought guns that reflected my skill level then all I would own is a cheap shotgun and a few throw away pistols by Jennings or some Chinese maker.....

But I can totally see your perspective. If I was a police officer I would be much more focused on results than looks and image. In fact I would be a little scared of the python for police duty. The python is made to such tight specs it requires regular service on wear parts and they can fail because they are under some pretty intense pressure. They are known to get out of "timing". I would want the S&W because it would probably be more reliable to bet your life on. I suspect the python is more popular with those wanting a target pistol or to a collector. I would fit in both of these catagories.
                IMHO, the Python and the Anaconda are not in the same class. The action, fit and finish are better on any Python I've owned or seen.

Comment

there is a nice looking royal blue 6" python for sale over on thehighroad.org in the handgun section, guy is asking 1k and hes in TX. if i had the extra funds right now i'd grab it.

Comment

Working...
                  X