X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, by all means - please elaborate.

Comment

Do tell sosoe

I guess I did steal the rotors from sosoes shop Meaning he gave them to me

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
        Do tell sosoe

You stole my pride
        Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
          You stole my pride
          you lost me

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
            Do tell sosoe

Security cameras caught you rolling them away from my shop!
            Lol

Or was it me?

Comment

DIY parts washer system

I couldn't pass this one up.

This is an old junk drill that's attached to a SBC oil pump down in a bucket. There's a return tube that goes up to the basin this is all sitting under. plug the drill in and the fluid flows.

No, it's not optimal, YES, it is ghetto - but with some old 'junk' laying around and a few spare minutes.. you get stuff like this

Comment

Brilliant!!! I built an "injector cleaner" for our Lemons car last year and it worked pretty well. I used some short/large diameter threaded pipe with barbed nipples, rubber fuel line, and a stock 2.3 lower intake manifold/injector harness. I filled up the steel pipe with B12, pressurized the chamber to 50 psi with my air compressor, and pulsed the injectors with a 9V battery. At first the injectors were not spraying too great, but after a few minutes they were all shooting probably better than brand new...

Comment

Made a stand to hold material cage material while i set everything else up.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                    What's with the "stolen" stuff?
                    the idea was stolen for the OP or fabricator who came up with it - very common in fab especially among weldors.

for instance, im going to steal the idea of the plate for re-tapping stud holes, its genius - no more messed up first and second row threads for me, or having to use a drill press

Comment

Originally posted by assetuncon View Post
                      the idea was stolen for the OP or fabricator who came up with it - very common in fab especially among weldors.

for instance, im going to steal the idea of the plate for re-tapping stud holes, its genius - no more messed up first and second row threads for me, or having to use a drill press

Comment

Stumbled across this site - There are more than just automotive tools on it, Thought I would share.
                        Online community for builders of homemade tools.

Comment

I don't want to detract from DFWMustangs but the mother of all home made tools thread can be found on The HAMB.
                          ...i know it's been done in seperate posts all over the HAMB at all different times but hows about putting a bunch of them together in one easy to find...
                          Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                          There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                            Stumbled across this site - There are more than just automotive tools on it, Thought I would share.
                            http://www.homemadetools.net/
                            Good post, I just got a good idea from one of theirs.

Originally posted by Darren M View Post
                            I don't want to detract from DFWMustangs but the mother of all home made tools thread can be found on The HAMB.
                            http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/s...d.php?t=235784
                            ..another good one!

Comment

Good thread, now I know who to hit up when I need tools.
                              Vortex rear stand $75
                              8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
                              My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
                              but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
                              11 4 door
                              13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

I made this valve spring compressor.

The frame is 1" square tube, the threaded part is 5/8" - 11 threaded rod. A thrust bearing is mounted on the end of the threaded rod to prevent scoring of the valve face.

Total cost was about $25.

Comment

Working...
                                X