What's your take on gun safes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your take on gun safes?

I've outgrown my safe in both size and security and I'm looking to upgrade.

What's your input? What do you recommend? If you have one, were you able to buy it locally or did you order it online?

Thanks

I have a Heritage gun safe.

I look at safes like houses. Buy as much as you can afford.

I have a 72" tall, 40" wide, and 30" deep safe. I feel pretty sure that my stuff is secure.

Comment

Liberty makes a great safe

Comment

Originally posted by homealone View Post

What's your input? What do you recommend? If you have one, were you able to buy it locally or did you order it online?

Thanks
        Yours for sale? I need one!

Comment

Originally posted by Machx2 View Post
          Giving my old one to my brother.

Comment

Originally posted by Machx2 View Post
            You should post something like "I've outgrown mine as well and am looking to add another" instead of "I need one because all my shit is in my closet"...

Comment

Originally posted by Fox466 View Post
              You should post something like "I've outgrown mine as well and am looking to add another" instead of "I need one because all my shit is in my closet"...

I dare someone to come try and get mine from my closet =P

Comment

Back in October, I was going to go to Cabela's to get one of the Stack-On gun lockers, but walked away with a Cabela's Signature safe. It is made by liberty and it was on sale for $100 off and another $100 off if you signed up for a Cabela’s credit card. I just looked online and I don’t see the one that I bought. I paid $1,200 (normally $1,300) for my safe. Here is link to the Cabela’s Signature series safe

The safe has an hour fire rating and the pockets on the inside of the door add another 30 minutes for important documents. I wasn’t really looking to spend that much money, but now that I got it, it really gives you piece of mind. I also use it to store my expensive camera stuff, important papers, hard drive backup, etc. Like 03TrubluGT said, buy as much as you can afford.

Comment

And no matter hwow big you buy, in a few months you'll reakize its not big enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi View Post
                    And no matter hwow big you buy, in a few months you'll reakize its not big enough.
                    I agree, you will always feel obligated to fill the safe up you have is my problem.

Comment

I want the corner safe from Cabela's. I think I have the perfect spot for it.
                      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by homealone View Post

Thanks
                        Just bought my first real gun safe last week. I bought Champion's top of the line from the The Safe Company in Garland. It was not cheap but I went ahead and bought more than I needed so I don't have to do it again. It is 60 cubic feet and 1725lbs. Almost did not get it in the house but the folks at The Safe Company do a good job. It is enormous but I will fill it eventually. Champion and Superior(owned by Champion) are the way to go. THe one I got has a 2 hour fire rating. It also has like three relockers and one is a piece of glass that breaks if they try to drill it. All I would recommend is don't go cheap. Make sure you don't buy Chinese, their steel is soft and the quality is crap. Champion was started in competion with Liberty and they beat them on quality and price across the board. Browning is way over priced and a lot of them are Chinese. American Security is a really good safe but they are not very pretty. The Champion and Superior safes are really nice looking with gloss paint.
                        Last edited by TexasVert; 03-25-2013, 06:06 AM.
                        2011 Dodge Challenger SRT8 Inaugural Edition
                        2011 Harley Davidson F150
                        2003 Harley Davidson Road King 100th Anniversary Edition

Comment

Tractor Supply will have a pretty decent looking safe on sale for black friday. It is a cannon wide body safe for $699. Seems like a decent deal.

Comment

My take on Gun Safes is that the good ones are expensive.

Comment

If you buy from one of the major chains like Academy or Tractor Supply they will hook you up with a third party for delivery. If you don't mind I would like to know what they charge you for delivery. When you buy from someone that also delivers I think they may build some of that cost into the safe so they can quote you something cheap. I think they told me it was $300 to deliver mine. I would not even consider delivering that monster for that.
                              2011 Dodge Challenger SRT8 Inaugural Edition
                              2011 Harley Davidson F150
                              2003 Harley Davidson Road King 100th Anniversary Edition

Comment

Working...
                              X