Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need new or used Laptop advice, my 15" is getting slow.....tell me what you like/thin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need new or used Laptop advice, my 15" is getting slow.....tell me what you like/thin

Suggestions?
    Last edited by SMKR; 10-03-2015, 06:46 PM.

What do you use it for?

Comment

All the pr0ns!

Comment

THERE YOU ARE!! LOL, surfing internet, doing work proposals, thats it........sick of my current one running like a slug

Comment

doesnt have to be amazon, I was just on that page when I got fed up with my current PC

Comment

You can get a hell of a laptop for 2k. I have a little 17' acer from best buy my work got for me. It does everything I need it to. It was like $500.

Comment

What are the specs of the old machine?

Comment

Or I can sell you for 5 and pocket 1500,your call, but you don't need to spend that much for the meager uses you described.

2k puts you solidly in desktop replacement/gaming territory.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                  What are the specs of the old machine?
                  On my PC, where do I go to get you a screenshot of my vitals?

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                    Or I can sell you for 5 and pocket 1500,your call, but you don't need to spend that much for the meager uses you described.

2k puts you solidly in desktop replacement/gaming territory.
                    Hey, you are the expert, build me a badass one for $500 and let's call it a day

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
                      Hey, you are the expert, build me a badass one for $500 and let's call it a day
                      I'm sure he wont mind. he usually has a 200-300% mark up, though.

Comment

You don't need a gaming laptop for surfing the internet and word processing. $500 laptop + SSD will satisfy your needs.

New Egg is selling some Acer Intel Core i7 laptops for right around $500.

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
                        On my PC, where do I go to get you a screenshot of my vitals?
                        This will tell you everything you ever wanted to know about the guts of your PC.

Start to analyze your hardware right now! HWiNFO has available as an Installer and Portable version for Windows (32/64-bit) and Portable version for DOS.

Last edited by LS1Goat; 10-01-2015, 02:58 PM. Reason: Added screenshot

Comment

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
                          You don't need a gaming laptop for surfing the internet and word processing. $500 laptop + SSD will satisfy your needs.

New Egg is selling some Acer Intel Core i7 laptops for right around $500.

This will tell you everything you ever wanted to know about the guts of your PC.

http://www.hwinfo.com/download.php
                          That's the one I have. It does everything I need for work.

Comment

I bought a used Alienware MX14 R2 for $400 off craigslist with a bad battery, great little laptop that actually plays games very decently. I'll sell it to you for $1000

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
                              I bought a used Alienware MX14 R2 for $400 off craigslist with a bad battery, great little laptop that actually plays games very decently. I'll sell it to you for $1000
                              I'll give you $1504.37!

Comment

Working...
                              X