Problems playing x265 4k video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems playing x265 4k video

Has anyone in here had any experience playing x265 video files? Windows media player instantly freezes and crashes when you try to play a 120GB video. I didn't find this too surprising, so I fired up VLC, which always seems to work... and although I can hear the audio, the video is completely fucked up. I'm getting about 3-4 seconds of "movement" with a frozen frame and then TERRIBLE artifacts and compression problems with random colors and other shit you usually see on streaming videos. The bitrate of 4k is fucking insane, and I'm wondering if this is just a software issue.

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Link to said vid? I'd like to see if my ish will play it

Comment

unfortunately the video is from a "private acquisition community."
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Right on, toss it on copy.com or Google Drive and link it via pm. :-D Or pm the original link, as long as it doesn't require me to sign up.

Comment

I don't think they're going to allow a 120GB video on a sharing site, hehe.

Comment

Seems like a software problem. I tried an older version of VLC and although it had some artifacts and compression issues it played without any skips. The only problem is the entire movie is green.

sigh

Comment

bad codec, used k-lite to uninstall and reinstall the hvec h.265 codec. Works great now.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                I don't think they're going to allow a 120GB video on a sharing site, hehe.
                Compress it onto a Zip disc and mail it to him.....gawh!

Comment

Just smoke weed and watch it. You won't notice.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X