Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zachary View Post
    IT is DVI-I, my mistake!

haha, have to have three in my line of work as a geologist. Have outlook open in part of 1 screen, petra our mapping project open in middle screen and our seismic program open on the other, with a small map open in part of the one with outlook open

so maybe try to use the hdmi port with the dvi-I out on the video card?
    so the reason the DVI-I works like it should with the RGB input on the display is because it is actually sending analog to it

My bet is the problem is the digital(HDMI) to analog(RGB) converter you are using.

Get a DVI to HDMI cable and I bet it works as it should

Comment

btw, I'd get two DVI to HDMI cables. One for each of the displays you are currently trying to wire via RGB, that way they are all digital

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post
        btw, I'd get two DVI to HDMI cables. One for each of the displays you are currently trying to wire via RGB, that way they are all digital
        not opposed, but if i am currently happy with the way the other two are, what would the benefits be?

I have an extra hdmi cable at home, i will bring it and go hdmi to hdmi(duhhh) and see if that fixes it.
        Last edited by zachary; 11-04-2015, 12:44 PM.

Comment

all three would be digital, essentially you would be wiring two of them the same, DVI to HDMI. The other display would stay the same, Display Port to HDMI.

Comment

ok replaced adapter and old cable with HDMI from video card to hdmi to monitor...still no adjustment options like there are on the other two

Comment

ok replaced adapter and old cable with HDMI from video card to hdmi to monitor...still no adjustment options like there are on the other two
              I thought your video card had:

1: Display Port
              2: DVI-D
              3: DVI-I

are you saying it is wired HDMI to HDMI now?

Comment

Monitor 1 @ computer HDMI to startech adapter to RGB in monitor

Monitor 2 @ computer display port to hdmi cable @ monitor

Monitor 3 @ computer dvi-i to RGB adapter to rgb at monitor

monitor 1 is the only giving no adjustment options
                switched monitor 1, the troubled one, to just an hdmi cable from computer to monitor

Comment

what happens with the first display when you physically disconnect both DVI connectors from the video card?

I'd try that, and reboot the PC after they are disconnected

Comment

Working...
                  X