Bought Mary a new S&W 442

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought Mary a new S&W 442

Mary's first day at the range with her new boom box. S&W 442 from CGD. Very proud of her handling of the weapon. Aim was very good, form was great too, especially for a short nose S&W 442. Added the Hogue for a little assistance.

Shooting my Kimber .45 ^^^

Maybe my +1 to our Range day?

David
    Last edited by cobrajet69; 07-11-2016, 09:03 PM.

Nice man! That's a really good choice.

Where the fuck was our invitation you self-serving bastard?
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
      Nice man! That's a really good choice.

Where the fuck was our invitation you self-serving bastard?
      LOL
      It was last minute actually. Our plan was to shoot a S&W 9mm and Sig 9mm and decide on what felt better for her but they were too busy at Crazy Gun Dealer so I opted for this one, remembering Matt's and really liking it. I figured that if she wasn't 100% comfortable with it, I would make it my bedside piece.

She (Mary) owns a small florist and I'm really concerned about her safety, especially now, so the 442 seemed like a great choice for her since she'll be keeping it in her purse and will most likely not have time to rack a slide. With a 12 lb pull, probably no chance of an accidental misfire either.
      Pretty damned proud of her, and her handling of the weapon. Especially since she's had minimal exposure to firearms. :cool:

David

Comment

Awesome, good to see the wives getting out there and shooting. I'm just now starting to mine out there shooting.I hate to be "that guy" but might wanna work on her grip, mainly her thumb crossing over. I'd hate to see her get hurt shooting a semi auto then lose interest cause she's scared of hurting her hand again.
        "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
        http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
        Factory Five MK4 Cobra
        Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
        http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
        www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
        sigpic

Comment

I like my little .38 442 also. I'm glad you finally got her out there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
          Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Nice piece. I've always wanted to get myself one.

Comment

Originally posted by 01yz2nv View Post
              Awesome, good to see the wives getting out there and shooting. I'm just now starting to mine out there shooting.I hate to be "that guy" but might wanna work on her grip, mainly her thumb crossing over. I'd hate to see her get hurt shooting a semi auto then lose interest cause she's scared of hurting her hand again.
              No, that's a good point. We were actually trying a different hold because the recoil was tearing her right hand thumb up and I was worried she might start letting her wrist deflect the recoil instead of her forearm/elbow.

David

Comment

Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
                I like my little .38 442 also. I'm glad you finally got her out there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
                She had a great time. We are going to try for every Monday to hit Shoot Smart so she'll be comfortable before her test.

David

Comment

Working...
                X