Kitchen Backsplash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kitchen Backsplash

Is Mosaic Glass Tile outdated for kitchen backsplash? Debating if I should go with White Subway Tile instead because it seems that is what is in these days. Want something that will still be appealing years down the road. What do you guys think?

Originally posted by Mike69 View Post
    Is Mosaic Glass Tile outdated for kitchen backsplash? Debating if I should go with White Subway Tile instead because it seems that is what is in these days. Want something that will still be appealing years down the road. What do you guys think?
    95% of the backsplashes I we are doing right now are subway tiles of some form. We still do a few tumbled marble. One of my favorite designs right now is a carrera marble subway tile. Though it depends on the colors of your kitchen. If you want something a bit different you can go with large format subway tiles or a bevelled variety.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

High quality slate and tumbled marble/travertine will never go out of style. Subway tile is already on it's way out again. Natural stone is the only way to go.

Comment

It's a small kitchen. White cabinets with light gray walls. It's a rental property so not looking to spend too much money but I do want it to look good.

Comment

White subway tile. Clean simple classic.

Comment

It's a small kitchen. White cabinets with light gray walls. It's a rental property so not looking to spend too much money but I do want it to look good.
            Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
            White subway tile. Clean simple classic.
            There's your answer.

Comment

Mosaics and some stone tiles are harder to clean. Subway tiles are easy to clean. If it's a rental property, then I'd go with subway tiles. That being said, I personally like several mosaic styles.

Comment

I already used some Mosaic tile in the shower and was planning on using it as the backsplash for the kitchen to tie it all together. Here is a quick pic of the shower and tile.

Comment

You're asking a bunch of car guys about tile.

The correct answer is, whatever the wife wants in the kitchen. She wants to stare at tile all day while she makes your sandwhiches, then she gets tile

Comment

I already used some Mosaic tile in the shower and was planning on using it as the backsplash for the kitchen to tie it all together. Here is a quick pic of the shower and tile.

Damn. You did all of that in a rental? If you have the mosaic, use it. It MAY help eventual resale. Though IMO subway tile ties into that design, and will save a ton of cash

Comment

Originally posted by 4king View Post
                      You're asking a bunch of car guys about tile.

The correct answer is, whatever the wife wants in the kitchen. She wants to stare at tile all day while she makes your sandwhiches, then she gets tile
                      Some of us have laid a bit of tile.

Comment

Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
                        Some of us have laid a bit of tile.
                        Word. I've laid it and deal with installs and designs on a weekly basis!

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                          Damn. You did all of that in a rental? If you have the mosaic, use it. It MAY help eventual resale. Though IMO subway tile ties into that design, and will save a ton of cash

Buddy of mine had the charcoal gray tile leftover so got it cheap. Tub was only $125 and the mosaic tile was about $140. Only used about quarter of the mosaic so I can either keep it and use it for the kitchen backsplash or return it and get the subway tile. It's a small kitchen with only about 18 sq/ft of backsplash.

Comment

i hate subway tile, i think it's the avocado appliances of the 2010s

Comment

Buddy of mine had the charcoal gray tile leftover so got it cheap. Tub was only $125 and the mosaic tile was about $140. Only used about quarter of the mosaic so I can either keep it and use it for the kitchen backsplash or return it and get the subway tile. It's a small kitchen with only about 18 sq/ft of backsplash.
                              Shit, can't argue with that!

Comment

Working...
                              X