No announcement yet.

Looking for a book suggestion or manual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy shit. I think the interwebz is gonna break. Aggie out svo'd svo!

As was mentioned. PM grape. He should be able to help ypu out. If not he may be able to put you in direct contact with someone

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post

As was mentioned. PM grape. He should be able to help ypu out. If not he may be able to put you in direct contact with someone
      Not sure if that is good or bad...? Once I get the engine in hand early next week I will ping Grape and see if he has some contacts that can point me in the right direction. I figured he was long gone but it appears he isn't dead! Haha!

Not a roller cam bearing setup. This was a full on cup motor. only the nationwide series had the roller cam bearings and roller cams. This also has the 5 stage dry sump system with it which saves a ton of money. I just need to make new lines and source a tank which can be had on ebay used for about $350.

Next item on my list to find is a front motor plate that will work and a rear that won't interfere with the bellhousing I have to use. got to love custom crap.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
        Haha, fuck yeah!
        Originally posted by Silverback
        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
          Haha, fuck yeah!
          I'm missing something here aren't I?

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
            Ya, more back porch/other parts of the forum stuff.
            Originally posted by MR EDD
            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

I buy neat and expensive toys and you have one that I have been unwilling to spend what it takes to have.
              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                I buy neat and expensive toys and you have one that I have been unwilling to spend what it takes to have.
                When this project is complete, it will blow people away how little I will have in it and will likely be the fastest road racing car in the state that I know of short of a full on prototype. Goal is well under $30k. I only paid $7500 for the engine.

I plan to re-use some parts I have sitting on the shelf, parts from my current race car and many new parts such as the braking system and wheels but this build is going to blow people's minds with what can be done with solid used parts and smart labor!

Comment

When this project is complete, it will blow people away how little I will have in it and will likely be the fastest road racing car in the state that I know of short of a full on prototype. Goal is well under $30k. I only paid $7500 for the engine.

I plan to re-use some parts I have sitting on the shelf, parts from my current race car and many new parts such as the braking system and wheels but this build is going to blow people's minds with what can be done with solid used parts and smart labor!
                  I may have missed it but did you say what car this is going into / what your new car will be? Just being nosey!

Very interesting and cool stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                    I may have missed it but did you say what car this is going into / what your new car will be? Just being nosey!

Very interesting and cool stuff!
                    I'm keeping it under wraps for now to surprise my competitors. I want to get the full effect of the jaws on pavement when it comes out of the trailer the first time. They are going to shit themselves assuming I can keep it a secret before then. Just too many folks coming through the shop, some which have already seen it, to keep it a complete secret for the next 12 to 18 months while I finish it. Taking it down to a bare chassis and every nut/bolt and rivet is getting replaced. Lots of work ahead.

Comment

Dodge Daytona!
                      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                        Dodge Daytona!
                        86 Turbo Z baby! Mopar even made a bolt in kmember to put a small block in it for racing!

Comment

Matt, who are your competitors?
                          Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

My dreams for the type of engine being discussed here are a NASCAR chassis with an 87-88 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe body on it, and driving it on the street. I am sure it could run in the 9s while still being able to run 200mph and take a corner well.
                            Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                              Matt, who are your competitors?
                              NASA TX Blitz group. Super Touring Unlimited to be exact.

I may also end up running the car at some SVRA events around the country on some bucket list trips to the few tracks I have not been to yet. Lots of possibilities with a car of this type. Daytonas fit into so many places!

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                                My dreams for the type of engine being discussed here are a NASCAR chassis with an 87-88 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe body on it, and driving it on the street. I am sure it could run in the 9s while still being able to run 200mph and take a corner well.
                                Funny you mention that. There was a "press car" that fits that description on craigslist a few weeks back for $3500. rolling chassis with a nice T-bird body on it. Needed the suspension sorted and a driveline. people were afraid of it but someone with skills could have built a helluva car for CHEAP!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X