Carfox needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
    90% of them that run through, no matter the year, have some sort of code, AC don't work, bumper tabs are broke on damn near every one of them, and have the shittiest resale of any brand although they may still one up Suzuki
    That's 90% of the cars that go through auction. In 7 years, I may have gotten five cars that needed nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
      That's 90% of the cars that go through auction. In 7 years, I may have gotten five cars that needed nothing.
      That’s crazy. I bought 7 cars last week, one need wheel bearings. I did have an EGR code pop up on a van but that was after the fact. I look for front line ready cars, smallest amount of recon possible. But yeah, quite a few have lights, or mechanical issues, but five in seven years is crazy.....
      Last edited by Chopped54; 08-03-2019, 06:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by silverranger View Post
        Which ones, I hit most of them every week in DFW

And Yes they suck
        Mainly just CarMax and Adesa, occasionally Carrollton and DAX.

Comment

What are the kia stingers going for at auctions?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
            What are the kia stingers going for at auctions?
            Looks like around $22k. Can’t see historical sales on my phone, but that’s showing average

Comment

Looks like around $22k. Can’t see historical sales on my phone, but that’s showing average
              What about the ones you've personally seen?
              sigpic

Comment

What about the ones you've personally seen?
                I haven't seen one, not that I look out for them either. Those type cars run different lanes than the cars I go after.

Looks like in the past six months only a few have came through Dallas auction, one with 98 miles on it went for $28k one with 11k went for $19k,

Comment

Mainly just CarMax and Adesa, occasionally Carrollton and DAX.
                  Gotcha, I usually hit Adesa every Thursday. C

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                    Have you ever owned a Kia? My sister had an 07 Spectra5. Bought it with 275K miles, had the original timing belt, drive belts, oil filter, and transmission filter. It was the definition of neglected. Drove it 5 miles home with 4 rods knocking, put a new motor in it and she drove it to over 300K.

Interior, paint, accessories, etc were all in great shape. They're not shitboxes by any means.
                    When my wife wanted to quit her job and go back to school, we traded in her Lexus for a 2010 kia 4 door car. I don’t remember the model. Brand new for $200/mo. She drove it for 120k miles with no problems at all. I think we paid like $14k for it. She got in a hail storm and insurance cut us a check for $3500. She wanted to fix it and I laughed at her. When we traded it in we didn’t take a bath either.

Nothing wrong with a Kia for the right situation.

Comment

I haven't seen one, not that I look out for them either. Those type cars run different lanes than the cars I go after.
                      That's kind of the point I was looking to make.

The build and overall quality of the Stingers is pretty fucking high up there.

Of course everything you've come across is going to be a shitbucket when you're staring at the Shitbucket Lane.
                      sigpic

Comment

That's kind of the point I was looking to make.

The build and overall quality of the Stingers is pretty fucking high up there.

Of course everything you've come across is going to be a shitbucket when you're staring at the Shitbucket Lane.
                        FuCk KiA!

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                          FuCk KiA!
                          I met a stripper named Kia.
                          sigpic

Comment

That’s crazy. I bought 7 cars last week, one need wheel bearings. I did have an EGR code pop up on a van but that was after the fact. I look for front line ready cars, smallest amount of recon possible. But yeah, quite a few have lights, or mechanical issues, but five in seven years is crazy.....
                            I bought cheap shit, because that's all that would sell. Fastest/best profit I ever made was on a damned cavalier of all things. Was an 04 cavalier, bought it for $500, had brand new tires and needed nothing. Title was at the auction, sold it the next day for $2500.

Originally posted by JV106 View Post
                            When my wife wanted to quit her job and go back to school, we traded in her Lexus for a 2010 kia 4 door car. I don’t remember the model. Brand new for $200/mo. She drove it for 120k miles with no problems at all. I think we paid like $14k for it. She got in a hail storm and insurance cut us a check for $3500. She wanted to fix it and I laughed at her. When we traded it in we didn’t take a bath either.

Nothing wrong with a Kia for the right situation.
                            Of the gas savers, I liked Kia and toyota the best.

Comment

Working...
                            X