No announcement yet.

Do you tip for takeout food?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will tip at any sit down place or if they deliver it. If I'm just picking up from the counter, no, I don't tip. Only fast food places that I tip at is Sonic and Subway.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
      I will tip at any sit down place or if they deliver it. If I'm just picking up from the counter, no, I don't tip. Only fast food places that I tip at is Sonic and Subway.
      If I don't have cash on me I wont go to Sonic. I always try to threw a few bucks to the carphops.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
        Your opinion has zero bearing on my life.

You know, you can tell him that but... 5 years from now he'll still be calling you out because he perceives you to be a cheapskate.
        WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
          You know, you can tell him that but... 5 years from now he'll still be calling you out because he perceives you to be a cheapskate.
          Okay?

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
            It won't get mentioned again, outside this thread actually. You, on the other hand, a will continue to be called out as the internet troll with multiple-personalities that you are, evidenced by your posts, many screennames over the years, and multiple bans. This is not an opinion or perception, it is a verifiable fact.

Comment

Most of the time a couple of dollars
              Originally posted by Da Prez
              Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
              Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Originally posted by jewozzy View Post
                I do at sonic or sometimes chicken express if they bring the food out to me..
                I dont understand why I cant tip using my debit card at sonic, I almost dont go there most of the time because I don't have cash on me.

Comment

I'm so baller, I tip the peeps who show up at my house trying to sell miscellaneous shit. This one time, I had one cum inside and we had tea together. It was swell.

USPS? I gotta draw the line somewhere.

Comment

Though not usually for "food" per se, I tip a dollar for virtually every purchase I make at Starbucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                      In general, a tip doesn't just go to the person walking to your car, it goes into the same tip pool that is also shared with the cooks and dishwashers, same as dine in. Tip less if it makes you feel better, but a tip is still warranted imo.
                      I don't think very many restaurants are tipping out the back of house staff. You generally either get $2.13 per hour plus tips or regular hourly wages that are much more and no tips.

A couple of places that I go to make it a little weird because they have back of house people working the drive through and have tip jars. One is a BBQ joint that's straight counter service but also has a bar. The other switches from counter to table service at night. I don't ever tip at the BBQ joint but usually do a couple of bucks at the other place since they have real wait staff.

Comment

Didn't expect there to be more yes than no votes. You guys also tip McDonalds and Taco Bell for doing the same thing?

I always thought tipping was for the service and atmosphere of dining in.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                          Didn't expect there to be more yes than no votes. You guys also tip McDonalds and Taco Bell for doing the same thing?

I always thought tipping was for the service and atmosphere of dining in.
                          Do they even allow you in any place where tipping would be the norm?

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                            Do they even allow you in any place where tipping would be the norm?
                            All the places where I convince them it'll be just the tip, yes.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                              You generally either get $2.13 per hour plus tips or regular hourly wages that are much more and no tips.
                              I quit tipping altogether at one sonic in particular because of this: prior to my wife running a sonic she was at another store as an assistant, the carhops went from making 2.xx plus tips to minimum wage plus tips. Then started crying because others in the store were still making more hourly than them, others that didn’t receive tips. That kind of pissed me off.

Comment

I love all the excuses for being cheap. Keep them coming guys!

Comment

Working...
                                X