New Jersey to DFW road trip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Jersey to DFW road trip?

I realize this is a long shot but.... There are some vintage lathe parts in New Jersey that I would REALLY like to own. Sadly, my contact there has ZERO interest in shipping. So, if someone is heading that way, or coming from there, and could find room to store some parts (less than 300lbs and 44"x16"x16") I'd be willing to pitch in for gas + some cash for your time. You'll be helping me restore this lathe and saving some good American steel from the scrap heap.
    (Note: The parts aren't nearly as big as the lathe + cabinet below)
    Before

Current state
    Last edited by Darren M; 09-23-2019, 06:20 PM.
    Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
    There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Have you gotten a quote from Perez trucking?

J/K, In all seriousness I think BigDad brokers or has some affiliation with shipping, might look him up.
    G'Day Mate

Comment

try uship or uber freight

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
        Have you gotten a quote from Perez trucking?
        Funny shit right there!

Uber was a consideration.
        There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
          try uship or uber freight
          Sounds to me like the seller won't be wiling to do any kind of packaging, and would rather sell local or hold on to it.

Yeah, longshot.

Comment

I'm not sure how much this thing is worth, but I've got some white glove guys ( depending where in NJ) I could have pick it up and pack it for transport. Then you could have a cheap LTL agent pick it up and bring it down, or I could even help with that.

Comment

Not worth white glove effort. Sentimental and a little historical value, but not white glove. Chance in a million that I'd find someone. However, I've seen this forum pull stranger things off. Had to try.

Comment

You try on garagejournal? Plenty of old farts that can appreciate someone who likes old machines

Comment

Fly up rent a uhaul and drive it back.
                  07 GT500
                  05 SRT10
                  88 turbocoupe T-bird
                  93 Cobra
                  86 coupe
                  Ducati 848

Comment

Originally posted by 4EyedTurd View Post
                    You try on garagejournal? Plenty of old farts that can appreciate someone who likes old machines
                    This was going to be my next suggestion.
                    G'Day Mate

Comment

Working...
                    X