Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bcoop...what do you think of this steak ager?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
    Holy fucking shit! How did I miss this?
    I quoted it and still missed that part.

Im not jealous of anyone bringing wine to the party. Im not classy enough to pretend im some kind of sommelier. Im especially not jealous of a hotel party.

Now...if you werent trying so hard to impress us and said something along the lines of "im going to jaguars with a case of triple hops brewed"...i might be jealous. Or maybe visiting jester king.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
      Picked up a 14lb prime rib. Jesus, beef prices need to come down. Fucking shit.

Had to have two ribs cut off otherwise it would not have fit, so that's something to be aware of with prime ribs. I think a strip would have to have some cut off too. 14 lbs is the after weight, fwiw.
      Ain't that the truth! I've been wanting to smoke a brisket but can bring myself to buy one.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
        Ain't that the truth! I've been wanting to smoke a brisket but can bring myself to buy one.
        A buddy saw prime brisket @ Costco in Pearland for $3.17/lb, not a sale price. I haven't checked one around DFW yet for pricing. But that's cheaper than choice brisket is normally up here.
        Originally posted by BradM
        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
        Originally posted by Leah
        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
          Sounds like you have your priorities all wrong.
          For real, doesn't he know life revolves around this board? What a loser.
          Originally posted by MR EDD
          U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

I gave 1.97 for a select brisket at Sams the other day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
            2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

UsFoods has Choice Angus deckle off for $2.99.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
              2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

A buddy saw prime brisket @ Costco in Pearland for $3.17/lb, not a sale price. I haven't checked one around DFW yet for pricing. But that's cheaper than choice brisket is normally up here.
                I bought a prime brisket at Costco about a month and a half ago for $2.79/lb. I did see them at the Arlington Costco today and I believe they were $3.17/lb also. I plan on getting one to smoke next weekend.

Comment

So far so good. Steadily maintaining 75-79% humidity. It got as high as 84% but we were loading the fridge up with beverages so the door was open longer than usual.

I've got 5 hours of driving today but I'll try to get pics up tonight. I'm taking them every 24 hours.

Comment

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like brepo380.

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like brepo380.

Comment

Damn, that's a beautiful cut of meat. I can't wait to see the final results...
                      Originally posted by Silverback
                      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Meat Gazer

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                          Damn, that's a beautiful cut of meat. I can't wait to see the final results...
                          For what I paid, I wasn't real happy with it to be honest. At $19/lb, the marbling should have been better in my opinion. First time I've not been satisfied with something from David's.

Comment

For what I paid, I wasn't real happy with it to be honest. At $19/lb, the marbling should have been better in my opinion. First time I've not been satisfied with something from David's.
                            I am not really an expert, but I have seen a lot of raw steak. They look closer to choice than prime, but again, I am not an expert.

Comment

Fuck, you can get lower than that at Costco for cut steaks, let alone a primal.
                              Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                              I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                              Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                              Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                              dont downshift!!
                              Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                                Fuck, you can get lower than that at Costco for cut steaks, let alone a primal.
                                I've only seen prime filet at the Costco I go to. I haven't seen prime rib, and I've checked multiple times.

Comment

Working...
                                X