Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My son working his way into the starting rotation at UH as a freshman.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My son working his way into the starting rotation at UH as a freshman.

He pitched 3 innings in relief in their team scrimmage. Struck out 6 with 1 hit and 1 walk. They won 4-3.
    Now if the tyrants in charge would open the state so I can go watch his games.

That's bad ass man, but sucks about the situation! #teamDav
    Originally posted by stevo
    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Congratulations to the both of you. You must be proud!
      Originally posted by Marisa
      we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

Boys still throwing hot man. Love seeing it.
        Originally posted by PGreenCobra
        I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
        Originally posted by Trip McNeely
        Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
        dont downshift!!
        Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Awesome

Comment

Can he shave and use him on my son's 11U majors team?
            Originally posted by MR EDD
            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Awesome Dave!

Mine keeps getting better, just waiting for him to take the love of the game on himself.

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
                He pitched 3 innings in relief in their team scrimmage. Struck out 6 with 1 hit and 1 walk. They won 4-3.

Big time for Colby! Glad to see his work paying off. He is still just scratching the surface of what he can do too! He looks like he has slimmed down some but actually gotten broader and stronger. He looks good!

Jordan de-committed from Ok St a few weeks back and then signed letter of intent the other day to play for Arkansas. He will be heading to Fayetteville unless the draft calls high enough next summer. We were in Round Rock for an MLB workout a few weeks back, and he put on a show during BP. He hit one off the top of the RR in CF and then almost cleared the bullpen in LC. Not bad for a lefty to show oppo power. He played with the Blue Jays scout team this fall. They played several junior college teams, and he faced guys up to 97. He just kept barreling baseballs and any scout who didn't know him does now. Fun watching these young men continue to put in work and succeed.

Side note, my 13yo, Red, is figuring it out too. He lofted a few out in BP the other week on the field at 300' plus and then homered in game the last weekend they played. Hit one out at Shawnee for a monster bomb. His spring/summer team is going to be a national caliber team. Bastard was up to 77 on the mound too, and he doesn't pitch!

Comment

Congrats Dave, looks like all that hard work is paying off, awesome man.
                  Originally posted by Silverback
                  Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Thanks everyone. Nothing beats watching your kid achieve his goals.
                    His coach told him he has MLB level curve ball. His spin rate is around 2600. He gets a lot of kids out with that pitch...especially when he throws it on FB counts.

Billy, that’s awesome news about Jordan. Can’t wait to watch the LSU pitching staff strike him out. Lol.

Comment

Thanks everyone. Nothing beats watching your kid achieve his goals.
                      His coach told him he has MLB level curve ball. His spin rate is around 2600. He gets a lot of kids out with that pitch...especially when he throws it on FB counts.

Billy, that’s awesome news about Jordan. Can’t wait to watch the LSU pitching staff strike him out. Lol.
                      I remember when my Dad was still around and you guys were at Grapevine. I had him walk down to see him pitch. We both talked about his spin rate then, and that was years ago. I remember seeing him at AC tryouts a few years ago, and it was super sharp breaker. I totally believe it's a 60 grade or better breaking ball. Going to be fun to watch him deal.

Bring on those LSU arms! They just better not miss with any fastballs over the plate!

Comment

Very cool. Didn't realize there was another stanger in Pearland. That makes two of us
                        2016 Chevrolet SS 6M

Comment

Working...
                        X