Favorite BBQ place in DFW area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
    This happens often when places branch out and open new locations. Cooper's in Ft Worth doesn't even begin to compare to the original location. I've been to the FTW and the original. Original is good. FTW was awful.
    Been to both, original is better for sure.
    1997 Miata - Weekend\Autox Car
    1994 Mustang Cobra - Garage Shelf
    2012 Mazda 3 - Daily

Comment

• Railhead still has the 25% military discount btw. Went there last week and it was fantastic again.

Comment

• i was at a happy hour at fillmore last night so i drop in to lockhart smokehouse in plano on my way out. they were still open around 8:30pm, not sure if they reopened for dinner or what. there was no line. i just wanted to try so i got a 1/4 pound of brisket, moist + i asked for a lot of bark which they obliged.

the brisket was good. i agree with roscoe. it's right up their with pecan. i think the moist might have been a bit too moist for me (atleast for that timne of night). the bark was the best part, the brisket inside was good and falling apart tender, BUT i feel like it didn't have enough smoke flavor inside. it was more beefy fatty flavors. but mix in some bark and it was great.
        Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
        [*]Brisket - got the moist, which was indeed very most. Bark had great flavor and a nice little fat cap inside. I rank this 1% below Pecan Lodge

i ate mine too fast so no pic of the food, but got some pics of their pit:

also, eating bbq so late... big mistake. heart burn + meat hangover.
        www.hppmotorsports.com
        ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

• Big Daddy's BBQ in Wylie was pretty good.

Comment

• Originally posted by BP View Post
            Railhead still has the 25% military discount btw. Went there last week and it was fantastic again.
            Which Railhead? The Fort Worth or Willow Park location? Because if you are talking the Fort Worth location, then something must have changed - the last time I was in there, the ribs had clearly been microwaved. Nasty, just plain nasty. The Willow Park location is ok.

For brisket there just are not many locations in North Texas that do it great. There are some good ones - either Woody Creek location comes to mind. I have not tried Pecan Lodge or either Lockhart Smokehouse location though. For brisket, I just drive south - to Snow's in Lexington, John Mueller's in Austin (awesome!), or Louie Mueller's in Taylor.

Now for ribs, you only have to drive about 15 minutes north of Mineral Wells to Hashknife on the Chisholm - about halfway between Mineral Wells and Jacksboro. The ribs are some of the best in Texas. Perfect tenderness, beautiful smoke ring and flavor, and a nice (complimentary but not overpowering rub). Worth the drive from anywhere in North Texas.

Comment

• Originally posted by Silverback View Post
              Big Daddy's BBQ in Wylie was pretty good.
              I hit them up Sunday at 11:30 and the smoked chicken was just pulled off the pit and it was so good I thought it was fried. The drumstick I got was literally a shell of skin the meat had fallen out of. Brisket was also really tender. Good enough to dig this up and quote it. The flies outside were a pain in the ass.

Comment

• Originally posted by TeeShock View Post
                I hit them up Sunday at 11:30 and the smoked chicken was just pulled off the pit and it was so good I thought it was fried. The drumstick I got was literally a shell of skin the meat had fallen out of. Brisket was also really tender. Good enough to dig this up and quote it. The flies outside were a pain in the ass.
                I haven't eaten outside, only inside. I'm glad it's only 15 min from the house.

Comment

• stopped by lockhart again last night (3rd trip). 2nd trip wasnt that great. made sure i got my cut and it was back on point. good stuff.

i'll have to check out big daddys. im not far from there.
                  www.hppmotorsports.com
                  ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

• Originally posted by chef201atc View Post
                    Which Railhead? The Fort Worth or Willow Park location? Because if you are talking the Fort Worth location, then something must have changed - the last time I was in there, the ribs had clearly been microwaved. Nasty, just plain nasty. The Willow Park location is ok.

For brisket there just are not many locations in North Texas that do it great. There are some good ones - either Woody Creek location comes to mind. I have not tried Pecan Lodge or either Lockhart Smokehouse location though. For brisket, I just drive south - to Snow's in Lexington, John Mueller's in Austin (awesome!), or Louie Mueller's in Taylor.

Now for ribs, you only have to drive about 15 minutes north of Mineral Wells to Hashknife on the Chisholm - about halfway between Mineral Wells and Jacksboro. The ribs are some of the best in Texas. Perfect tenderness, beautiful smoke ring and flavor, and a nice (complimentary but not overpowering rub). Worth the drive from anywhere in North Texas.
                    I make frequent takeout stops at Hashknife on my way to Possum Kingdom. Just recently had a 3lbs "Dino-rib" at Louie Mueller's in Taylor that three of of ate off of and it was spectacular.

Comment

Working...
                    X